2v2 Intermediate mini league nº2! Winners: Jigsaw&Koras

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Dario
NNN member

2v2 Intermediate mini league nº2! Winners: Jigsaw&Koras

Post by Dario »

PLEASE do not sign up if you are not sure your team will manage to finish all the games on time. There will be many other 2v2 mini leagues, you will surelly get the chance to play in one when you can really play all the games.

Sing up will close on monday 18th, but you can start playing your games since today if there is a team you haven't played. The "season" will end on monday 31th and the final game has to be completed by Sunday 6th of April.
If your team fails to finish all their games within the stated periods severe and unflexible penalties will be applied (for example being banned for future mini league).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banned players and warned players because of not finishing last mini league games:

-Kayz is banned from this mini league (may play on future ones) because of inactivity. AAZ is excused because he was seen many times in AG wondering where Kayz was.

-Unique and Random00 are banned from this mini league (may play on future ones) because of inactivity. They started playing their games a bit later than the rest, but still didn't play enough games.
I am sorry mate I really like you but I have to do what has to be done.

-Koras, Terror, Gopnick, GeneralHorn and Wriggler are warned because they couldn't play their last game on time. Youcan play in this mini league but will get banned form the next one if you don't finish your games this time. Luckly the result of that game wouldn't change the result of the mini league.
Sorry again mates, nothing personal, I just have to keep things tight if we want this and future mini leagues to run smoothly without inactivity issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and congratulations to Joschi, Electro, Albino, Johnmir, Misirac, WorldMaster, NickyNick, Sonny, Ukrop and Jakka for making the effort and playing all the games that were possible to play during the last mini league.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules will be very similar to the previous one:

-Scheme: Intermediate luckless, 4 worms per player, players of the same team have to wear the same colour.

-One game of 3 rounds against every other team. Tied rounds don't count, so the result between 2 teams can be 3-0 or 2-1. You can't play more than one game against the same team.

-The 2 teams with most rounds won when all the games were played will play a best of 7 game to define the winner. If two teams have the same number of won rounds in total then what maters is who of them won most rounds in the game between those teams.

-You can change the players during the different rounds of one game, but you have to respect the starting order in the way we all already know (if the wrong colour gets the first turn, one resigns and the round is re-started).

-The teams will consist of 3 or 4 players (if you don't understand how can a 2v2 league have teams of more than 2 players just think about any team sport you are familiar with and you will understand). After the team has played one game you can no longer add a new member to the team.

-The suggested terrain orders are the following: cave-cave-island or island-island-cave. And please don't be lame when selecting the terrain.

Also, please don't be lame by changing your worms names, order or special weapon between rounds or I'll be forced to implement more rules. And, before someone starts crying "aaaah they changed their special weapon because in the first rund they ahd cows and then they had holy!", let me clarify that when the players of the same team don't have the same special weapon, in one round they will get one of the special weapons and in the next round they will get the other one.

Again the max number of teams will probably be 8, so we have more than 13 days to finish only 7 games. Attitudes like "ah, let's not play them today because I am not playing at my best" will not be tolerated because it usually generates timekeeping problems.
Remember that this is a game, it is for fun, if you get angry when losing then you are wasting the chance of having a great time with people that share your worming passion.

Good luck, have fun, play fair.

TEAMS IN:

1. Misirac & NickyNick
2. Jigsaw & Koras
3. Gopnick & Wriggler
4. Antares & Joschi
5. Johnmir & Terror & WorldMaster
(alphabetical order within teams)

RESULTS
(after removing the team/s without enough games played)

Gopnick, Wriggler
1-2 Jigsaw, Koras
3-0 Antares, Joschi
3-0 NickyNick, Misirac
total: 7

Jigsaw, Koras
3-0 Misirac, NickyNick
1-2 Antares, Joschi
2-1 Gopnick, Wriggler
total: 6

Antares, Joschi
2-1 Jigsaw, Koras
0-3 Gopnick, Wriggler
1-2 Misirac, Nickynick
total: 3

Misirac, NickyNick
0-3 Koras, Jigsaw
0-3 Gopnick, Wriggler
2-1 Antares, Joschi
total: 2

Final game:

Gopnick, Wriggler 2-4 Koras, Jigsaw.

So the winners of the 2v2 intermediate mini league n
Attachments
2v2 mini league n
(114.07 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Last edited by Dario on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I am very polite thats why I didnt wrote 'WTF?!' :D

Just lol its not my fault about this not played game vs GHorn and Gopnick... U should knew it .
I am in when I find partner....because Terror hate 2vs2^^.
TenoriTaiga

Post by TenoriTaiga »

Uhm, Koras, I think you have partner ;)
If you want with me, of course :)
"РАЗНОСИ ВСЮ XУЙНЮ!" (c) Gop
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Sorry Nick I am with Jigsaw in team, U can add us :) .
TenoriTaiga

Post by TenoriTaiga »

No thanks, np
TenoriTaiga

Post by TenoriTaiga »

Misirac and NickyNick, we are in :D
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Minimum 3 members this time ;)

Edit: 2 will be fine, but be warned: if a team of 2 players that fails to play ALL their games on time, their members will be banned from the next mini league.
Because if you are only 2 you know there are less chances of playing all your games and I was very clear when asking people not to sign up unless they were sure they'd finish all their games.
Last edited by Dario on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Gopnick and Wriggler are in!

Sorry for last time. I don't know what happened re: last game. I know I made every effort to play early on without success (no teammates). When I did find my teammates, they were playing. I felt like a third leg (no penis jokes please :P ), so I got fed up with it and didn't bother trying more. Anyways, now it is just the two of us, so no more issues. NNN powa :)

We can play starting NOW, but I'll be /AFK from March 14-16, camping and hiking. I'll be around the whole rest of March.

EDIT due to Daz's ninja post (and reading the rules a bit more carefully):
Dario wrote:Minimum 3 members this time ;)
Ah, I might have to reconsider then. I had a bad experience last time. The only difference here is that in real sports, the starters always get replaced by backups during the game. This doesn't happen in worms. I managed to never get "playing time."

Anyways, what's wrong with two member teams? I think Gop and I could rock out, probably not win it all, but we are active enough to go the distance and we don't suck that bad.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

If your teamates don't let you play then choose your team more carefully :P.
Ok.... 2 will be fine as long as you are really really really really really active.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Antares & Joschi ! NNN and Azad top combination :P

Sign us in plz! We are very active so we don't need 3rd player! Weee!
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

hmm ok ok i would be someones third player ask me
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Terror the third ... rofl!
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

lmao antares ^^
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

i wanna 2v2 omg i just wanna play this tourney anyway worldmaster wanna team? ><
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I hope the report topic is in here so:

Antares & Joschi vs Jigsaw & Koras 2-1 :D