Who is who?

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Mablak

Who is who?

Post by Mablak »

Uhhh, why is Solomon being allowed to use 2 accounts at once? That's... not cool.
Koras
NNN member

Re: You have a complain/question to the MODs?

Post by Koras »

Mablak wrote:Uhhh, why is Solomon being allowed to use 2 accounts at once? That's... not cool.
I dont know what U talking about but I quess its about old Fantomas case.
http://nnnclan.freeforums.org/ban-notif ... -t591.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As U can see here it was sesonal ban.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Fantomas doesn't use a second league account.
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Are you suggesting chuvash isn't the same person as solomon / fantomas? Who else's alias could he be?
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

since they have not the same ip, and acting totally different, playing totally different, why they should be the same?
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

That's how people alias successfully kayz, altering their speech and playing, and there's such a thing as a proxy :P. And first of all, it's 100% certain that chuvash is an alias, hopefully no one's doubting that. Playing offline consistently for 8 years simply does not happen, and even if it did, you wouldn't be all that great at any aspect of worms if you had no one good to play against.

There are only a handful of people he could be given how small the community is, and Solomon disappeared at exactly the same time chuvash appeared, I thought most of us already knew it was him. He's also aliased a ton of times hasn't he? Every time I refer to him as Solomon, or ask him why he continues aliasing, he just goes silent, or ignores the comment / pretends his English sucks, though sometimes he displays perfect English skills. I mean I could be wrong, but I can't think of a single other person that fits the description and has a high skill level. Anyway, it would be best if chuvash explained who he was, if he is in fact not Fantomas.
chuvash

Post by chuvash »

Mablak wrote:That's how people alias successfully kayz, altering their speech and playing, and there's such a thing as a proxy :P. And first of all, it's 100% certain that chuvash is an alias, hopefully no one's doubting that. Playing offline consistently for 8 years simply does not happen, and even if it did, you wouldn't be all that great at any aspect of worms if you had no one good to play against.

There are only a handful of people he could be given how small the community is, and Solomon disappeared at exactly the same time chuvash appeared, I thought most of us already knew it was him. He's also aliased a ton of times hasn't he? Every time I refer to him as Solomon, or ask him why he continues aliasing, he just goes silent, or ignores the comment / pretends his English sucks, though sometimes he displays perfect English skills. I mean I could be wrong, but I can't think of a single other person that fits the description and has a high skill level. Anyway, it would be best if chuvash explained who he was, if he is in fact not Fantomas.
Omg :shock:
What is a ravings.........
Some of paranoia? :shock:
Ivo
NNN member

Post by Ivo »

Mablak, I think that when a newcomer start to play so well, like chuvash did, the idea of a fake comes to our heads automatically. No bad intentions, but it comes automatically. "I'm here trying to get better, hardly, with a lot of train, and this guy comes here and kick my ass easily!? Wtf?!". Yes this idea, came to my head when chuvash appeared. But, our anti-fake system didn't detect anything. Furthermore, if he was some old good wormer who is playing under other name, not big deal imo, he is back again and much more important, I had nothing to point to chuvash behavior. Only good things. If he was a fake and is playing with a two accounts at the same time is a much worst case, like you are suggesting, telling that he and Fantomas are the same person. If he 'was' because, until now, it's VERY unfair that chuvash be a victim of a suspected faker, only by guessing and without facts. This suspects that you are speaking, are very ugly if it is only by guessing. To come here and write about it, to all read, you just don't should be based on guessing but facts and proofs! Do you have any proof of what you was saying? If yes, post it here or give it to Kilobyte or other NNN member. Until the opposite, chuvash deserves the same respect and unsuspected, and why not an ask for apologizes...
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

We've already had the guess, but we don't have anything certain against him. Anyway, if we pretend he's Fantomas we'd most likely warn him only, since he didn't do anything forbidden with his second account.
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

I can't possibly have proof he's Fantomas, Ivo. But I am 100% sure he's an alias, and deduction suggests it's him.

You have no idea how much more prevalent aliasing was years ago, mainly for ropers. You'd get people forming entire alias clans, claiming they had only been playing for a month, when any expert could tell they were top tier ropers. I would have to say that clear discrepancies between time played and skill level are the easiest way to spot an alias, and chuvash was obvious from the outset, so much so that I didn't think it required discussion.

I believe he originally said he played for 8 years offline, but he edited his post in the newcomers section to say 2 years, though neither number is believable. Fantomas has enjoyed some aliasing (note the faker awards in his profile), and since chuvash seems to as well, seems like a pretty good fit. I've never had a problem with chuvash being an alias, but the possibility of multiple accounts is just not cool. I'm just not going to league with either chuvash or fantomas until chuvash at least clears up who he is.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Come on, we all guessed who's fake he is. But he wasn't detected anytime. I didn't had anything against chuvash's person. Mablak, you know better then us that we don't have better instruments to seek out fakers then simple ip check.

Personally, I have heard of your suspicious. But in between I get doubts about chuvash = fantomas, because of Fantomas was never a league player (not over such a long period, which such a high activity). And also if, I have thought, where is the problem? What's his advantage to have two accounts? It's not a big deal imo.

Now everybody has articulated his opinion. I hope nobody got mad of some suspicious :-)
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

Mablak, I didn't expect such hasty statement from you :O but as Ivo explained well, nobody could do better. Sometimes, when I read newcomers section, this quote is almost copy/pasted "I play years offline, and just downloaded the game, lemme play" or "I play a very lot in #AG, I beat everybody I wanna met best players" and me saying inside: "hmmm he's the fucking good, fucking famous player, aha yea, I've never heard about him....". But it's an unarguable thing that nowaday's newcomers has waaay more options to learn than about 3-4 years ago. Replays, helping wormers, high standards websites....? You must accept that, unlike the old times when everybody had to improved himself to warrior on his own [and 90% played shoppa, wxw], now we help each others. Got it? :)

anyway, until now we catched up each fakers (a few of them sooner than they could even start to play!!) so don't worry about them (and I hope nobody laughs at me behind my back because he's successfully faking for years.... :))
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Kilobyte wrote:Mablak, I didn't expect such hasty statement from you :O but as Ivo explained well, nobody could do better. Sometimes, when I read newcomers section, this quote is almost copy/pasted "I play years offline, and just downloaded the game, lemme play" or "I play a very lot in #AG, I beat everybody I wanna met best players" and me saying inside: "hmmm he's the fucking good, fucking famous player, aha yea, I've never heard about him....". But it's an unarguable thing that nowaday's newcomers has waaay more options to learn than about 3-4 years ago. Replays, helping wormers, high standards websites....? You must accept that, unlike the old times when everybody had to improved himself to warrior on his own [and 90% played shoppa, wxw], now we help each others. Got it? :)

anyway, until now we catched up each fakers (a few of them sooner than they could even start to play!!) so don't worry about them (and I hope nobody laughs at me behind my back because he's successfully faking for years.... :))
At the very least, I don't want people to dispute the fact that chuvash is an alias. Him editing his newcomers post is pretty telling, but aside from that, I simply know that you can't get quite that good in 3 months of playing online, and indeed online time is about the only thing that matters.
Ivo
NNN member

Post by Ivo »

But if chuvash is really who he said he was? Don't you think that is truly unfair?! He would stay forever with the faker suspect. So, I maintain that, IMO, is not a good thing through the suspect without proof. I'm saying that for further situations. As I said, the idea that he was faker came to my head too (I can say this now because the subject came into public), but no idea of who he could be. I never played with Fantomas (I joined here 23 July 2009, so a 1 fresh year :D ). Without my control, the idea of a fake, will come to my head every time that a newcomer join and show great skills (if he wouldn't known in wormnet before), but we can not do a thing without proofs.

As I said, if he, hypothetic is Fantomas, it's particularly very bad (compared being a faker with the other account inactive), because not only is making us silly, but he could play against himself (only 2 PC's needed), in favor of the desired account, and in a extreme but real situation, if both accounts rich one PO spot.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I had same feeling as Mablak :)
and I know Fantomas very well(since CWT 2007),I am sure he is smart enough to sux after long break(fake break?) :)
But seriously now I am not really sure about it........ if its an alias it can be any russian wormer like normalpro, x worm or even Jakka:)