"Forcing" SD

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
NAiL

"Forcing" SD

Post by NAiL »

Im sure you've all experienced games where alot of darksiding is going on and both players are using all of their time in order to bring on SD as fast as possible, this is especially common in cave maps.

I think it would be nice to be able to "force" sudden death by typing in something like "/force sd" into the chatbox. Obviously both players would have to enter this in order for the command to be carried out. This function would really save alot of time when both players have made all of their preperations for sd and are just "wasting" time waiting for it to come.

Obviously the last person to enter "/force sd" would determine the turn on which sd arrives, but this is not that much of an issue considering that both players have already made their preperations!

What do you think?
Kayz
NNN member

Re: "Forcing" SD

Post by Kayz »

That would be awesome. But not that necessary that I'd need it urgently.

I usually never had boring matches, and even waiting a few seconds more until sd finally comes was never a problem for me, since it lets me have a bit more time to plan different ways to a possible win. Just chat with your opponent in the meantime. :D
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Good point, Kayz :D

I agree with NAiL, it could save time. But still i can immagine how lame would it look - skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip, lol. Always skip in stead of turning head on and do a clever well planned move.
NAiL

Post by NAiL »

It wouldnt look lame lol... Im talking about situations where its stale mate, and both players are waiting for SD before making any sort of agressive move. Once both players have entered "/force sd", the game would assume that the 20 minutes of play time had been met, and so bring on SD on the next turn.

Its more "lame" just standing around wasting all 45 seconds. Skipping turns doesnt bring on sd, the sd time counter only goes down when active turns are in play. What I mean is if both players simply had /afk activated then sd would never come around. The sd counter only "counts down" during the 45 seconds of turn time.

+ Theres nothing "lame" about wasting time for sd, but this feature would save alot of time seeing as some games can turn "stale" within the first 10 minutes of play (especially on cave maps).
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I always have someting to do before SD:)
anyway "skip 40 s" button would be useful
NAiL

Post by NAiL »

yeh actucally a skip 45 sec option, or "use all remaining time skip" would be a better idea!
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Yes, yes, NAiL, i got you. I mean it is lame to wait SD in general. In stead of searching for cool and effective moves. Every time you wait for SD - you just haven't got better ideas to beat your opponent. For those who start to tell me about strategy and other things now i could explain better: you can be very good on SD, but no need to prepair for SD from the middle of game. Being prepaired to SD is a part of a game, but "being prepaired to SD" and "waiting for SD" don't have anything in common.
But i agree that this feature would save time.

PS. Sorry, every time i hear about SD, i can't leave this question without comments, you know :P
NAiL

Post by NAiL »

haha yes I got you to John!

The thing is in some cases all of the "possibilities" have been exhausted, say for example everyones out of ropes and utils, its a 5 on 2 worm situation and there is NO chance of winning the game as things currently stand. In these cases (which inevitably DO occur), where BOTH players are "waiting" for sd, this would be a useful feature!
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Yes, this happenes! But i saw players waiting for SD after 3 first moves in 8vs6 situations. Anyway, we discussed that some times already.
zoky

Post by zoky »

NAiL wrote:haha yes I got you to John!

The thing is in some cases all of the "possibilities" have been exhausted, say for example everyones out of ropes and utils, its a 5 on 2 worm situation and there is NO chance of winning the game as things currently stand. In these cases (which inevitably DO occur), where BOTH players are "waiting" for sd, this would be a useful feature!

must say WRONG !!!:)

I remeber 1 game vs joschi,where he have advange in cave 6 on 2,and i have wait SD,and at end I lose in situation 1v1.if u play coplex cave map,wher eur opponent cant rech u easy its good to wait SD.any ay,ur opponent allways can make mistake :)
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

jjjijii, because you had pigeons and i didnt knew that! was ftm tourney cup, 1 single round
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Ye, zoky has a point here for waiting. And there are others like suddenly change strategy and teleport your worm to opponent's one.
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.