Vision challenge 4

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Kayz wrote:
Dario wrote:Done, though I am convinced I just found a hole in the design.
So it's over already?
Ah, well I was suggesting we keep trying with the intended version of the map, which is uploaded right now. The accidental jump I left in made it not much of a challenge, I just had to get rid of a couple pixels :oops:.

And yeah the scheme is fine, it's a destructible map.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Sad that i probably know how to pass it, but always i fall at "these tricky jumps" :D was trying even in own scheme to see if it works, but there is always 1mm left for a succesful jump ;/ so probably it works as i thought
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I know of a solution with a really tricky jump that is nearly impossible to do (probably will never know if it is possible). Haven't yet found a work-around that jump, close to giving up here.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

if i could do every step without sound, maybe it would work

Unnoficial question: what is max step limit before fall on the worm from both sides? (i mean counting starts on first step down from the head)
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

don't be afraid to ask me at msn, if you were.

as i know we can't really count them because you can do very small steps and very big steps and it still looks like that you did only one step. there also is a difference between the maximal steps you can do to drop a dyna and the maximal steps you can do until you step down.

you have to figure it out by yourself how many steps you are able to do until the dyna drops next to the worm instead of on the worm. another difference between the back and the stomach side of the worm. i have figured out the following: neck - 9steps, stomach - 7/8steps depends if you get the "no sound steps" or not.

this about drops... if you asked for that, dunno... just like to help you :wink:
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

thx just forgot ur tip about ax steps pink ;) now i mean how much steps can i do before fall, when i want to jump for the biggest distance possible
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

from a cliff you can do 4 steps and you will fall at the 5th

from worm u can walk down 6 and fall at 7th
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Crysis wrote:from a cliff you can do 4 steps and you will fall at the 5th

from worm u can walk down 6 and fall at 7th

Lie! LIE!!! All liesss...

This Vision challenge toke all my nerves, pretty close to give up.

Did someone already got the right way?
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

No joschi, those are not lies, those are CHEAT!
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

fakin worms, really
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

lol tried everything even mine elevator trick lol i give up
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Try the mine "chute" trick and then bat the mine to make that last fall not high enough for damage.
Or use the mine elevator and the bat it to open a hole that will let you walk down.
I don't know if either of them is possible in theory, but it is for sure impossible for my skills.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

What's a mine elevator?
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Kayz wrote:What's a mine elevator?
You know the red button on the mine? Just press it to get to the first floor, an elevator will appear for you. Actually they just mean bouncing on the mine after you lay it to avoid fall damage.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

Try the mine "chute" trick and then bat the mine to make that last fall not high enough for damage.
Or use the mine elevator and the bat it to open a hole that will let you walk down.
Maybe we give Mablak to much credit? xD joke, it is quite hard to pull off and impossible at big falls to do elevator atleast without lg.