Walk for Weapons Tourney 17/05/ - 17 GMT

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Joschi

Walk for Weapons Tourney 17/05/ - 17 GMT

Post by Joschi »

What time? 17 GMT
Where? At #PartyTime
How to participat? Join few minutes before tournament starts to #PartyTime and send the mod a privat message with your nick
What tourney system? From the start K.O. system, final has to been played at same evening.

Rules and Settings:

I. Rules

1.1 A weapon/utilties may only be used by a worm if that worm is standing on a box containing a picture of that weapon/utilties.
1.1.1 The worm may fire the weapon if it is standing on the box with a pixel, even if it not standing on top of it (that means he must stay on that box, if hes touching box from the other side than top then its forbidden).
1.1.2 The worm may fire the weapon if it is adjacent to another worm which itself or standing on a picture of that weapon (and similar for any number of worms in a chain).
1.1.2 The worm may fire a weapon mid-jump provided it was last touching or standing on the box when it left the ground, but cannot use weapon when landed (must be used while flight).
1.1.3 Some maps have special rules regarding specific weapons. These rules are outlined in text on the map, and must be followed. There is implemented a readme file with rules in mappack for each map.
1.2 If a worm is blocked more then two times in a row, it is allowed to teleport to a teleport box.
1.3 Teleport using is limited to 9 times. Otherwise you lose the round.
1.4 A valid scheme must be in use for every game (download it here)

II. Settings:

1on1; 3 Worms per team; Best of 3 (two wins needed)

If someone fuck up a rule, try first to solve it alone. If you wont find a solution the Mod has last decision. Each case demanded an own solution (auto-lose, replay)

III. Maps

Each player can choose his favorit map out of the mappack (11 maps). At third round there are given 3 maps (they are marked with "X3rdRoundX") both players have to agree on one. If you cant agree, the mod will take a decision.
Mappack you find here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zrc76r

IIII. Scheme
Its an original WfW scheme, just with one correction. SD doesnt have any consequences, the round isnt finished after 15 turns, neither your worm lost health points or water raise up.
Download the scheme here:

Last edited by Joschi on Sat May 16, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

sadly i think heres not much wfw fans, i could gather ~10 ppl in past ~40 days ;( but maybe u have some blessed power, gl with this one :D

Count me in ofc!

PS: U can take whatever u want from mine rules/maps (tested everything so i can say everything is balanced well, just scheme isnt updated yet) if needed. And i suggest you to forbid fast walk on every map (ofc not FW Box), it destroys whole gameplay in my oppinion.
zoky

Post by zoky »

wait wait...kami master is in hehe.but..maybe wee need choosse map pack for that..coz...hosting is very is advange in this scheme..so joschi mate ur boss in this..choose 5 maps for that tourney:)
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Cool! I will try to be there. You should try dobletime's maps xD
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
khamski

Post by khamski »

just to keep the ball rolling...

what is walk for weapons... give a quick overview please
zoky

Post by zoky »

dubletime..in my option for that guy no space in this tourney :S
zoky

Post by zoky »

http://worms2d.info/Walk_For_Weapons
here m8..i quess this will hepl to U
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

wfw best scheme :(
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

hey there, nice for some respons.

@khamski:
you will learn very quickly this scheme. its heavier then you can imagine from the start. let the scheme surprise you, and participat.

@xtc:
to gain some players for one single tourney is much easier then to inspire them to play a league. some news of your wfw league/tourney?

@all others: in next two days I will find some time to add map packs and an overview about rules..
doubletime is banned for all nnn tourneys, dunno why we should change something there.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Joschi wrote:hey there, nice for some respons.
doubletime is banned for all nnn tourneys, dunno why we should change something there.
who banned him? :) comon, let him play he is not a satan( or U are afraid of being called racist.. becasue DT is half black).
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Because he tried to sabotage many tournaments.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Joschi wrote:
@xtc:
to gain some players for one single tourney is much easier then to inspire them to play a league. some news of your wfw league/tourney?
i dunno whats happening with wriggler and two more players so still w8ing for 16 active players ;( and thats not league, this is double elimination tourney with a few days time for one round so that u dont need to sit few hours behind keyboard at once to finish this.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Who started the discussion about doubletime anyway? Cuz i don't see anything related... just me joking about using DT maps.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

zoky wrote:dubletime..in my option for that guy no space in this tourney :S
and I stay at my point. its still a nnn tourney, he is banned from league, and I cant remember him playing nnn tourneys once.

for all others, we should organize more often a tourney with different schemes. doenst matter if 6 or 16 participants, just keep it alive and use this great tool of kilobyte.

FTM is lame.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

LOL ... still no one spoked about DT and this tourney. It was about his maps, and then Zoky saied that meaning that not even his maps will be ok in this tourney :P