Vision challenge nº3! (solved by Mablak)

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Dario
NNN member

Vision challenge nº3! (solved by Mablak)

Post by Dario »

You will need 2 player controled teams: your team with 2 worms and an enemy team with 4 worms.
Teleport the enemy worms inside the blue ovoids and your worms inside the red ovoids. After having teleported all the worms your team has only 4 turns to kill all the enemy worms.
The enemy worms are not allowed to move, you can only skip their turns.

The contest ends when the first player solves the challenge and sends me the replay in a private message of this forum or mails it to dagasst@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

The moves needed here are in the average a bit harder than in the first vision challenge (it took me 25 attempts to successfully do it after knowing exactly what I had to do).

Have fun!
Attachments
Vision challenge n
Another map in case you can't open the other one
(128.21 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Vision challenge 3.rar
(102.47 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Dario on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Started! :)
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

I'm pretty sure I did this correctly, unless I misunderstood something. I've been working on my own vision challenge, might be able to get it done after school's over for me, mid-may.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ah well, my bad for not spending enough time checking and fixing alternative ways. It was supposed to be hard enough to figure out so that everybody would have some days before Mablak solved it (again).
Here is the replay of what I meant to be the only way to solve it. Can't believe I didn't see the suicide with dynamite.

Anyway, gj Mablak, because even though this one ended up being really easy (/me slaps himself) he still did it faster than other people.

Edit: I have no idea why some people can't open the map files. Maybe it has something to do with WA 3.6.29 being able to read some files that 3.6.28 can't?
Attachments
Mablak VisionChallenge3.WAgame
(125.3 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Dario - Vision challenge n
(124.57 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Ah damn dude, that way looks like it would've been really hard. It would've been cool if you wanted to do a version 2 of the challenge with slightly different land so only the intended way works, maybe to block mining the first worm, but I guess that might give the idea away slightly. Thanks for making the challenge though, still was difficult to get the dyna right.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Interesting, two ways of solving it and both awesome. I tried it and did many different things, but the kami in this way was new for me.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

watch it in slow motion if you really want to learn something out of it ;)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I did, and I know now why he flys like this. Added to my knowledge ;).
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Dario wrote: I have no idea why some people can't open the map files. Maybe it has something to do with WA 3.6.29 being able to read some files that 3.6.28 can't?
Nah, I use 3.6.29 and still couldn't open any of those maps.. :/
And I can't open your replay of this either, and I can open Mablak's.. :/
Some ghosts I guess.... :/
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Dario wrote:watch it in slow motion if you really want to learn something out of it ;)
wtf, how can I watch replays in slow motion? thanks!
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Ramone wrote: I use 3.6.29 and still couldn't open any of those maps.. :/
And I can't open your replay of this either, and I can open Mablak's.. :/
Some ghosts I guess.... :/
just rename files so there is no " * " thing in filename
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Joschi wrote:
Dario wrote:watch it in slow motion if you really want to learn something out of it ;)
wtf, how can I watch replays in slow motion? thanks!
Yea, good question ... i've always pressed esc key several times to see in slow motion :P
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Just press "S" several times.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Somewhere in one of the beta manuals it explains that with numbers 1-9 you increase the speed of the replay, while with shift+1-9 you decrease the speed of the replay. With "s" you stop the replay and each time you press it the replay advances one frame, if you hold down s the playback will be at the speed you have previously chosen.
There are other replay functions like bookmark (m) and back to the beginning (or the bookmark) with r, and maybe something else I don't remember.

Read the manual for the win ;)
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I never read this things... :P
In electronic world i always recomend RTFM (read the fucking manual) as a must! :)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.