Yet another SD discussion

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Kayz wrote:When I open all the modified Intermediate schemes I got with SchemeEddy, like the NNN-Inter, or the FTM-Inter, they all got the jetpack delay on 2, but it does not work in game.
ye I heard about it.... thats really sux becasue jet pack sicne first tourn its big difference especially at islands(at caves too:) )
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I've adresses that issue to the game patchers, hopefully they will fix it and we will have the jetpack delay back.

I am not sure whether the effect of jetpack delay was positive or negative, just don't think it's really different, so I guess that going back to the original delay is good.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Dario wrote: I am not sure whether the effect of jetpack delay was positive or negative, just don't think it's really different, so I guess that going back to the original delay is good.
I disagree here, for example at island U can use 2 worm selects (hide our worms) and then in last 10 sec take jet pack and fly to enemy worms(2 or 3 for example) witch stay near water:) with rope U need more time. In my opinion its gave bigger adventage to player who starts.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

It also helps you when you start second and have really bad placement. It gives you speed and lets you hide worms in better places.

Since we changed the scheme I've been paying attention to how many times jet pack helped me get bigger advantage in the first turn and how many times it helped me survive to bad placement, and even though I didn't make an exact count I saw more or less the same number of both.
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

I do like the idea of keeping intermediate as close to the original scheme as possible, that's the main reason I'm okay with SD as it is. It's cool to have something like inter that's essentially the standard scheme, that anyone can just immediately play.

I didn't know the whole no jetpack delay thing was unintended :O. Not sure it makes a big difference, but yeah I guess going back to the original delay would be best.
GopnicK
NNN member

Post by GopnicK »

I wud keep the delay at "0"!!
Use it whenever u want, cows at 2nd turn arent so good also, so why not to save another worm with jp ;)
Hokku:
Cheat
Hax
WTF
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Yaiks! I started to like using jet for mine knocking in first round :S

Discussion about SD is useless ... @rafka: postopone SD for me would mean postpone the attack = same result.
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Antares wrote: Discussion about SD is useless ... @rafka: postpone SD for me would mean postpone the attack = same result.
yeah good point, 5 min wont change anything.... especially at cave(at island too:) ).
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

cmon You're totally wrong, it would chance much!! but I suppsoe You dont see it ehh
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Ye, my bad tactic and lack of experience don't allow me to :P
Last edited by Antares on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
zoky

Post by zoky »

SD SD SD SD...we have this scheme,and in my option thats fair,no ned for changes.SD is part of game,where some1 allways loose game.I dont see where is bl in moment when SD comes.Just change tactic and game can start again,but shorter game,coz our worms cant swim lol.IF U wanan SD counter,then U allways can play t 17 lo :P joke
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DarKx'X'xLorD

Re: Yet another SD discussion

Post by DarKx'X'xLorD »

Interesting theme!
---------------------------------------------------
delay jetpack = 0 good for me. np. Well in any case.
Use of external tools personally for me is opposite, as does not give satisfaction from a victory. It is unequivocal to use of chit-codes (a stop watch, a ruler). I all hope, that anybody does not use it.

Lately I have lost many games to good players, in SD, having to it huge, decided advantage
My style of game - attack. A rope. And SD me simply enrages!!! Breaks game. :evil:

I have started to notice, that many players specially play for time, expecting SD.
And not only in the closed cards.

I start to think, that SD - a basis normal-luckness. It is sad.
IMXO - SD as in team17. It is better!

That I try to oppose to such strategy:
-Blocking of hearts of the opponent.
-Unblocked my worms.
-Leave one "select worm", jetpack and 1 rope.
-hide my worms on a maps
-Not to use a missile piegon (for close maps)

What else methods can be applied against SD-style???
In what advantage of the first prevention about SD? And what communication of it with game time?
Perdunok

Post by Perdunok »

Мне не нравится SD, когда у червей остаётся по 1 Hp.
На мой взгляд, SD c отравлением червей, либо просто с подъёмом воды, без отбавления жизни, сделало бы схему лиги менее случайной и более профессиональной.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Perdunok wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am Мне не нравится SD, когда у червей остаётся по 1 Hp.
На мой взгляд, SD c отравлением червей, либо просто с подъёмом воды, без отбавления жизни, сделало бы схему лиги менее случайной и более профессиональной.
I agree Perdunok.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Perdunok said:
"I don't like SD when worms have 1 Hp each. In my opinion, SD with worm poisoning, or simply with a rise in water, without more than enough life, would make the league scheme less casual and more professional.".

Well, that's one point of view. I like it how it is. Sometimes 1hp SD recompense Your shitty start posision and U still have a real chance. If U are great tactic player U can use SD and win the game. Contrary to appearances - it's deep.