Guess the move contest: discussion

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Antares
NNN member

Guess the move contest: discussion

Post by Antares »

Hmm... you just gave me an idea, Daz! :D

How about making a contest in which we must guess what a player will do by only seeing the context before the move? :)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

That sounds a lot like the vision challenges:
A context (the map and worms placement), an objective (what to do) and people have to guess what the player (in those cases me) will do.
In fact vision challenge number 1 was built with moves that I performed or at least tried during real games. Vision challenge 2 was an exception to that (I already had a nice map and mission, why not to use it :P) and vision challenge number 3 will surely be another one inspired in real situations.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Ye, i know what you mean but this will be a bit different due to the fact that a non skilled player (like me) can see and guess what another skilled player (like u) will and can do in a situation where i would do the same thing if i had the skills :P
And basically all you have to do is write the answer, what the wormer will do, simply by guessing, and by knowing player's style. Psychology of wormer :D

Ps: hope you understood cuz i am a bit drunk now. :D
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

So we need a replay never seen by anybody else than the players, containing a creative move, and the players must be either unknown to this community or trustable enough to be sure they won't give a clue to anybody. Not an easy task, but could be fun.

--------------

Edit:
Something like this?
Check the screenshot, I am the red team, tell me what did I do.
Or should we give some details? like: ah, and I killed 3 worms. Can't tell you what I used because it'd be too easy.

In another contest I could say what I used and you have to guess which worms I killed, or I will say which worms I killed and you have to guess what I used.
Attachments
screen0004.png
(124.27 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Come on... it's your idea.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I just checked the forum ... no need to rush :P

Ontopic: yes, exactely like this ... with the mention that worm names should be there too, so a person can tell for example:
1. change worm to ''siempre''
2. bungee knock ''mastelotto''
3. mine + bounce on ''trey gunn''
4. plop
5. GG

Points achieved by guessing ... we must figure a rewarding system that will allow player to won some points for the league.
For example ... 100 points by guessing. Every NNNL player will have only a chance of guessing but from the total of 100 points, if it will be too hard, we can implement ''hints''.
Every hint would take, let's say, 20 points from them. Maximum 3 hints:
1. The player with whom you made the move
2. Number of weapons or the weapon used
3. Number of utilities used
4. Elapsed time
5. Worms killed/damaged
6. Worms plopped
7. Part of the map/location for the move
8. How many knocks you've used
9. How many worms pilled
10. I don't know... sugestions. :P
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

So far it can only be for fun.
In order to start messing with points some coding will need to be done (I can't keep track of all the rewards given to each player and how long they are supposed to last), but at the moment there are other things I think are a bit more important for the page:
-the help page
-turning the homepage into a multi language newsboard

Well then, just for the fun of it you can start guessing ;).
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Well ... it's hard to write when i don't see any names on the .png file. So i can't tell who starts, who you gonna change before attack just to hide.
But maybe it's ok to just say how the attack will be...

I think you will attack the two worms who stay up with a dyna so both will fall in the two mines. And one of them after exploding the mine, will make a pile with the other 2 standing below thw worm by the water. :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Hm, no, a lot simpler than that ^^
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

LOL ... activate mine, use bat, plop, hide? :P
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Still no, remember it's a triple kill :P.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Let's see... you either had a nice knock on the highest worm on map onto mine, then shotgun the one on the flower to plop both. Second shotgun to kill worm by water.

Or: Same knock as above, but then with cows from the little flowery bush to the right killing all three.

Or: rope to knock worm on flower and then dyna on those two, which knocked the worm by the water.
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Wriggler kind of got it, but it was even safer:
detonate the mine and then knock the worm down to the flower part, so that the knocked worm would definitely end where intended. After that just shotgun the worm on the flower and you get two plops, the second shot goes for the worm that was almost on the water.

Would have been better to shoot first the worm that was almost on the water and then plop the other two (better hide) but I think I didn't have enough to do it that way.

Edit: yes I had time, just... didn't care about it :P. Replay attached, it's my first turn (I was the second player).
Attachments
2009-04-10 17.54.50 [Online] @lNNNxDario, AdM.WAgame
(35.85 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Now a hard one:

Kill Hash and Wizz without plopping them or using any team weapon.
Attachments
2.PNG
(72.46 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

even if the hide didn't work i've done it, i have killed them without plop or superweapons. if there is still anything wrong tell me what and i will spent some time again!
Attachments
kill without plop or superweapon.WAgame
(77.09 KiB) Downloaded 243 times