Everything related to the site

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
Kilobyte
NNN member

Re: Things related to the site

Post by Kilobyte »

the NNN site and Wheat Snooper accesses are finally connected! Download the latest Snooper, go to profile settings and set the access!

still to dos:
- http://www.normalnonoobs.org/design/Whe ... erRank.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; maybe its too "simple"?
- need rankings?
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

I would love ONL rankings! Ownes!!
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

yepp Joschi, its doable, and very important, for example a new OIL player who joins to AG and recognises other OIL players with wearing a rank and without memorize all OIL players :wink:

now we use only one ranking: http://www.normalnonoobs.org/design/Whe ... erRank.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my ideas: NNN admins, NNN members and OIL members have ranks. Other rankings? Image ideas?
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Lansmander

Post by Lansmander »

my ideas: NNN admins, NNN members and OIL members have ranks. Other rankings? Image ideas?
nice idea
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Zemke wrote:The current domain hoster is eNom the new one will be Go Daddy. I'm in contact with Go Daddy and they told me a transfer process would take 5 to 7 days. We're not yet in transfer process and the domain has already expired. In the worst case the domain is blocked for like two months and we'd need to wait for it to be available again. In the best case I'll have some talking with eNom and Go Daddy and we'll be having our domain soon.
So far you reach the league site at http://kb.sinpiso.com/
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

League & Forum site is reachable under :arrow: http://www.normalnonoobs.com
Kilobyte
NNN member

Re: Everything related to the site

Post by Kilobyte »

As CS and DC surprised us with lot of new features with their latest WA patch, we also must return this favour.
A totally new site welcomes you all. With this, our main goal was to offer the most comfortable usage. Apart from it, we also added new features:
- totally redesigned site. This design gives the same functions as the old used to, but there are other functions too. There can be templates, so (later) we can accept design ideas! Of course, we kept the old interface
- under the rankings, there are an overview map about the games of overall season. You can choose a day and display all games on that day, or in an hour. This map also shows how many games were played on that day.
- statistics, a nice circle diagram shows the proportion of played games
- better overview in played games set. You can search between dates, by players, or order them. New thing: you can rate a replay or bookmark them. In your account, you can watch wheter there are new comments since last visited that replay.
- there was no way to find the replay comments - until now. You can browse and search for comments.
- there is also better browsing for registered players.
- somebody's profile also got changes. More statistics, and an overview map about his played games, similar to rankings. You can also report a game VS him, or rate.
- theres a completely new client for registered players. Settings got better overview. You can now override the color of chatbox.
- a message system is introducing. You can have multiple recipients, and a status show what happend to your message (unread, read, deleted)
- let me introduce event system! You can create various events to make appointment, or arrange league games better! You can limit the particiants too.
- you can bookmark games, to check if they get new comments. Best moves, challenges, competition games are also bookmarkable
- Hosting menu! You can watch the set of host of WormNet, and join them, even host games! Maybe sometimes WormNet goes down, but dont let it prevent you from games, you can host games via the Direct Connect menu! Here, site registers your host and show it so that others can join you.
- so far challenges were in only visible in forum - thats over now! You can send replay to best move contents, or create challenges with little instructions! Just please set the exact time and duration of the move. Later, when an administrator decides to do that, you will be able to see the preview of this move in flash format!
- Clan has a serious and long history. Worth to check it!
- there are lot of informations about game, weapons, challenges, strategic.
- there is a calendar, to follow the events, or take part in them
- detailed statistics for each player, like win ration on closed/open maps, etcs
- games analyzer! Set any score and get know how the seasonal/overall ranking changes.
- by cooperating with Wheat Snooper, its possible to indicate if youre ready to play. Next to the banner, you can click on a blub, and if youre online, a picture next to you will change according to that. You can also spot the players who are ready to play.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Nice, some pretty damn original features. Looking forward for new template though. One minor thing annoys me a little bit - when you move mouse cursor at menu's, the opened tab keeps on the screen if you slide cursor fast enought somewhere.

Also, as Joschi mentioned, challenges shouldnt be possible to watch for everyone. Only those who managed to solve one should be able to playback them. Ive got one ready to send, yet waiting for reply on this case and if possible change.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

lacoste wrote:One minor thing annoys me a little bit - when you move mouse cursor at menu's, the opened tab keeps on the screen if you slide cursor fast enought somewhere.
Maybe this just depends on your browser. I tried what you say, but the tab close immediateley, doesn't matter how fast I slide my cursor. I use IE9 (new generation of browsers ftw!!)
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Firefox here.

Another things:
- if you click the latest posts it sends you to the first page
- profile pages loads very slow - maybe there should be link to the advanced view with all those statistics? Also cheers for this, awesome statistics. I wonder how accurate it is.
- the list of players in Player list page triggers capital letters first
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

- "Last medalists" colummne only for tournament winners. Not for rating awards.
- "Kilobyte commented Hunky-dory colours!" better then "Kilobyte sent a comment"
- The dates of last forum posts are wrong
- "Joschi signed out of 41st-NNN-One-evening" better then "Joschi signed out of this competition"
- I think lacostes challenged didn't appeared nowhere at main page overview
- Moreover the multiple appearing of the same news is a problem (3x Zemke updated his profile)
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

ok. But I think I will restore that "putting little news into news frame" back, sorry I dont like it
Viks

Post by Viks »

I have problem whit weathsnooper.When confirm option secure logging, my nickname in snooper is html.Can someone explain me what is problem?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jpamLZW3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

Did you change servername to www.normalnonoobs.com?
Viks

Post by Viks »

Yep, and when i connected notifications wrote i am logged on nnn site.in my panel set user RaWxViks, blank password and flag id and still have user html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jpamLZW3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false