2v2 Intermediate mini league nº4! Unfinished cancelled!

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Maze

Post by Maze »

Okay ,
Thats the real games i found it hardly between the rest of games .
u can notice from the talking in the games thats the mini-league games.
Attachments
xWKFBxTade, xWKFBxzoky, @Maze, Sajmon.zip
(20.33 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Why u people putting ur noses in the sky :P
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

ok Maze :)
I hope Joschi decide soon who play in final :!:
But it wont be easy because 2 teams have 11 points + we lost two rounds vs Joschi/Albino so even if 3:0 for them they had 11 too :? :!:
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

still in my opinion there should be no points for not played rounds, a rule needed
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I'd do the following:
Start erasing from the records the teams with less games played until all the teams left have played the same amount of games.

Deleted the team that only played 3 games, then the two that played only 4 games and this is what I get:

Johnmir&Terror
3 - 0 vs. Ukrop&Yos
2 - 1 vs. Maze&Sajmon
3 - 0 vs. Zoky&Tade
2 - 1 vs. Koras&Jigsaw

Ukrop&Yos
0 - 3 vs. Johnmir&Terror
0 - 3 vs. Koras&Jigsaw
1 - 2 vs. Maze&Sajmon
3 - 0 vs. Zoky&Tade

Zoky&Tade

0 - 3 vs. Koras&Jigsaw
0 - 3 vs. Ukrop&Yos
0 - 3 vs. Johnmir&Terror
0 - 3 vs. Maze&Sajmon

Maze&Sajmon
1 - 2 vs. Johnmir&Terror
2 - 1 vs. Koras&Jigsaw
2 - 1 vs. Ukrop&Yos
3 - 0 vs. Zoky&Tade

Koras&Jigsaw
3 - 0 vs. Zoky&Tade
3 - 0 vs. Ukrop&Yos
1 - 2 vs. Maze&Sajmon
1 - 2 vs. Johnmir&Terror

Then Johnmir&Terror and Maze&Sajmon would play the final, because Maze and Sajmon won their game against Koras and Jigsaw.

Another option would be not to remove teams and make this ranking that considers how good the opponent was in order to give you points, and that score was multiplied by the % of games the team played. If they played 100% of the games they keep 100%of their points, if they played only 50% of the games they had to play (7 in this league) then they keep only 50% of the points.

Maze&Sajmon 1023 points
Johnmir&Terror 877 points
Koras&Jigsaw 667 points
Ukrop&Yos 538 points
Albino&Joschi&WM 340 points
Nicky&Gop&GeneralHorn 254 points
Rafka&Bugsy 215 points
Zoky&Tade 87 points
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

so next time I can ask other teams to give me wins? somewhere near the deadline, when it's obvious that they have no chances for the final? I really don't care much about this final but would prefer to have this matter cleared for the future
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Haha, Jigsaw. Yes, you should get an agreement with other guys! Cmon, it is like economical strategy, worms is only mini game here, the main process is about diplomatics. :D
Well, seriously, i think it is not actually fair that Zoky and Tade gave Saj and Maze a win cause at the same time some other teams have unfinished games too... Should they do the same before the deadline, just give each other points considering the chances of each team? I don't think so... Anyway, since we have such a problem with unfinished games this time, i think it will be fair enough to count all the points teams managed to earn (but only finished games count).
Maze

Post by Maze »

Guys ;
i was talking with koras yesterday and i suggest why we cant exctend this mini-league for anthor week maybe or something to make all teams finish they games then the tourny will be good i guess !
lot of teams have not finished they games , so why the hurry.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

No its ok Maze. 2 days ago was last day to play this games, 1 month was long enough. Anyway we shouldnt ban Bugsy/Silaneo for next mini league becasue they really wanted arrange this games... I dont want ban anyone just think 2 times before U sign here next time :!:
In my opinion we need more rules for this 2vs2 mini league!
Maybe a schedule like in CWT.
gl in final! :)
Last edited by Koras on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I really was not following this mini league. Are you saying that one team literally agreed on giving another team a free win?.
Please tell me I am wrong.
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Maze wrote:hi ,
we played with tade and zoky only 2 rounds and they dont have time to play third round so we they give us it as a win .
so result is 3-0 for us.
Here is the situation.
But other teams have unfinished games too, should they act the same way now too? Just giving each other rounds needed to finish the game.
And btw I hope noone is going to punish Zoky/Tade/Maze/Sajmon for that, cause Maze mentioned it at the moment of reporting a game. So, the question is should we count that actually unfinished game between Zoky&Tade and Maze&Sajmon?
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

That used to happen quite a lot in the 1v1 league, but here it is different because there are only a few teams and you play only a few games against them.

Well then, it has been proved that playing only 7 games is impossible when you give people more time. It is sad because the only way to make a perfectly fair ranking is when all the teams have completed all their games. But seeing that it has become too much to ask for (it looks like the times it worked there was some kind of miracle behind it) next time it will be different:
-Play 3 rounds against each team, not 1, not 2, not 4.
-Try to play against all the teams
Activity will be higly rewarded and if I detect lame "strategies" like not playing against one team in order not to give them points... don't worry, I have statistical ways of coping with such situations.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Sorry guys for not taking part in that discussion, even its me who started this league.

Something happend in my life, and I didnt found motivation to go online and play games, so cwt game marks my last worms game. if my partners albino and wm would have asked me to play games, I wouldnt have say no. but albino excused himself he wont appear online next 3 weeks, and from wm I didnt heard nothing.

I wanna use this post to say good bye to worms community for half a year. maybe I come back, maybe not.

see you.
Maze

Post by Maze »

AzaD :

Code: Select all

"I wanna use this post to say good bye to worms community for half a year. maybe I come back, maybe not. 

see you. "
No Coment ... BUT ... LOL !
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Always sucks to lose a good wormer.
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

okies, so we'll have it cleared next time, for now john/terror and maze/sajmon should play the final! sharpen yer axes! ;)