League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

CWT is a yearly hosted Intermediate tournament. It's considered the most prestigious of its kind and has money prizes involved.
lacoste

League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

Post by lacoste »

Hi.
I did notice ONL rules page has outdated scheme and information overall (up to version 3.6.29), and since CWT directs here for rules and version 3.8 is now default there, maybe it's a good idea to update it or create a scheme specifically for CWT? I dont mean a change for CWT 2020 but future events, defaulting 3.8 mid-season was already quite risky but a much needed rule.

So what's the big deal?

First of all, rules page says jetpack has 0 delay, which was fixed patch or two before and the official scheme now has delay set to 2 like the vanilla Intermediate scheme.

Second, there are forbidden glitches that are enforced in the rules and since 3.8 we can simply turn them off by default in Extended Scheme Options of a scheme file, such as:
- Bungee from Jet Pack
- Bow/bat/rope angle modifications
- Walking on top of the indestructible barrier of a cave
- Skip walking using the mouse
- Floating weapon glitch

Glitches that are impossible to turn off in ESO (for now) to my knowledge are:
- Jumping from Pneumatic Drill
- Jumping after teleporting

Note that to edit Extended Scheme Options (accesible via scheme editor/lobby ingame, button with a star icon) you need to have unlocked Full Wormage (either by completing single player or by using tools like Full Wormage Unlocker https://worms2d.info/Full_Wormage_Unlocker

All Extended Scheme Options are not backwards comptabile with previous patches and players (with older game versions than 3.8) joining games with ESO enabled will be marked red.
lacoste

Re: League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

Post by lacoste »

Edit: two more things

Consider that pixel gliding glitch (leftwards-jumping worms occasionally floating a little bit past the pixel of terrain you'd expect them to land on) can also be turned off in ESO. We have a poll right now to decide if we should disable it in our league T17 scheme.

And another thing - imo the most obvious disable in ESO for Intermediate scheme should be Skip-Walking and perhaps Pixel Gliding as these are either annoying or uncontrollable. Others are a good alternative for funners because I for example use some of them outside of serious games and I dont like having too many schemes to choose from.
Korydex

Post by Korydex »

lacoste wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 am Note that to edit Extended Scheme Options (accesible via scheme editor/lobby ingame, button with a star icon) you need to have unlocked Full Wormage (either by completing single player or by using tools like Full Wormage Unlocker https://worms2d.info/Full_Wormage_Unlocker
Or type boggysentme in main menu :)
Komito

Post by Komito »

Can someone explain to me what the issue with some of these "glitches" are please? Of course the uncontrollable and annoying ones I understand.

I don't see the problem being able to bungee from jetpack for example, why is it such a problem?
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Balance, mostly. Killing worms is easy enough in intermediate, and jetpack+bungee allows you fly all over the map and knock a worm without using a rope. The same goes for the old minigun glitch and bow/bat/rope angle glitch. Skip walking will be easily turned into a macro and the depth of jumping skills would be kind of lost; we've seen plenty of turns where a slightly bad jump in a flat terrain with some pixels around results in running out of time and I think that is nice.
Edit: I'd totally like to update the scheme to 3.8, no more rules (yeah, at this time everybody knows them anyway) and no more gliding into a plop hole :p.
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

I would support that too, at least its 101% that everybody updates to 3.8. But I dont know how to update our scheme, if somebody would do that I would upload to "files" section.
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Korydex

Post by Korydex »

Yea, everyone should be forced to update, because there is a cheat for old version.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Yes! A update would be nice!
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

This would be it. Just went into the new 3.8 options and disabled all the glitches.
Attachments
[League Intermediate 3.8].wsc
(399 Bytes) Downloaded 111 times
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

uploaded, but what about the other 2 schemes? "[League-Intermediate].wsc" and "[Luckless Intermediate without JP delay].wsc"? Shoud they be deleted?
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I guess that we need to wait until all league players have updated to 3.8+. The one without JP delay should be deleted imho, that scheme dates back when we couldn't edit the scheme and keep the original jetpack delay.
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

Kilobyte

Dario

lol
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

[League Intermediate 3.8] I don't like the name, you can rename it to - [ NNN-Intermediate-Luckless ]
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Dario wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:26 am The one without JP delay should be deleted imho,...
Agree.
Komito

Post by Komito »

Wouldn't "Intermediate - ONL" be a better suited name since it's Intermediate, the ONL ONL League version and not just for the NNN clan?

Plus, it isn't entirely luckless either :P

Lol at those 2 being so close!