Bow and worms piles

Talk about anything related to Worms
Albus

Bow and worms piles

Post by Albus »

Hi Guys!
I have a question about something that happened in the game and I would like some help to understand.
I would like to better understand the behavior of bow when you shot in piles, as this is extremely useful.
I attached two replays. So let's go to the questions.

About the first replay
My question is, how could you be sure that the bow shot would hit both worms and not just one?

About the second replay

I thought the blue team's worm would be hit, since it was my worm that did the last action (took damage). But both was hit in the first shot and in the second shot only my worm was hit. Why that happened?

I appreciate anyone who can help understand.
Attachments
1'00 why bow hit both worms.WAgame
First Replay
(125.46 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
17'30 why bow did not consider last action.WAgame
Second Replay
(159.38 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Silaneo

Re: Bow and worms piles

Post by Silaneo »

I'll attach my replay for PavelB.i play with 3.7 :P
Attachments
2020-08-13 12.57.58 [Online Round 2] Albus, @xPoDxSilaneo.WAgame
(159.57 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Albus

Post by Albus »

In the second replay I tried to apply the theory I saw on the topic of Dario and Kayz, but apparently it didn't work.

http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=1148
Something about shooting single worms out of piles
Something you might already know, or find interesting, anyway I upload it, as you know Dario wrote in the worms guide that if you want to hit one single worm out of a pile, you won't hit the worm who did the last action.

http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/view ... hp?f=5&t=3
Worms Guide by Dario
Shooting one worm out of a group
(...) If you want to shoot only one worm then you certainly need the arrow to stop at one of the predefined locations, and the easiest way of achieving that is being as close as possible to your target. If the arrow touches more than one worm, which one of the group gets shot usually depends on which worm performed the last action, being that worm the last that will be shot. For example if worm A walks, then worm B moves to the same place worm A was and then worm C does the same the first worm getting shot will be A, then B and then C. When you use a weapon on another worm and then hide with it, the worm being shot by the arrow will be the one who performed the shot unless it damaged both worms (then the one who performed the shot will dodge the arrow).
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

First replay: the arrow did not stop at a predefined location so up to 3 targets could be hit
Second replay, first shot: same as above
Second replay, second shot: the arrow did not stop at a predefined location, so only one worm can be hit. But a whole turn passed between the shotgun and the bow, and then both worms were hit by the first arrow, so the rules that define which worm will be hit are different (and I don't know them).
Yea, the bow section of my article is long, tedious and rather confusing, should have included more examples of how to perform different moves.
Reading the old guide, and your questions... I am starting to feel itchy, maybe I will come back to test more stuff and add a few more articles to the guide.
Albus

Post by Albus »

In fact, Dario, you did a very good job. However, the complexity of the subject does not help much. I can understand practically everything in the article. The difficulty I feel is more in practice, that is, during the game, to apply the knowledge.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

The easiest "perfect aim" for bow and piles is: stand right next to the pile, only 1 worm will be hit. If you want to hit more than one worm with nearly 100% success, then you need to be a bit separated from the pile. The problem here is that the distance at which you need to be to pull that shot varies according to the angle and the direction you are facing (with the bow, shooting to the right is not the same as shooting to the left, as Kayz showed), so it becomes quite hard to learn "perfect aims" for shooting multiple worms.