Enhanced Scoreboard

CWT is a yearly hosted Intermediate tournament. It's considered the most prestigious of its kind and has money prizes involved.
MrTPenguin

Enhanced Scoreboard

Post by MrTPenguin »

After seeing khamski's webcam paper thing, the idea occurred to me that the scoreboard could be enhanced to include weapon/utility information. It would be a narrow rectangular window with the players' names and score along the top, and underneath this, some kind of display of what they have left. The score and the weapon/utility information would be updated by being clicked on with the mouse cursor. If player 1 uses a rope, the streamer switches to the scoreboard's window, clicks on the rope icon/tally under that player's name, and the display updates. And when a round finishes, clicking on the digit of the score resets the weapon/utility display as well as incrementing the score.

I have an urge to produce a prototype of this today, but I don't want to distract myself from my own games! After I'm knocked out, I'll make something using my preferred language of PlayBasic, and you'll see exactly what I mean.
khamski

Re: Enhanced Scoreboard

Post by khamski »

Goog idea.
Pretty easily managble for a programmer who can create plugins for xsplit.
Clicking thing is great yeah.
But how do you produce that table with clickable weapon icons?
Thats the main question.
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

(I didn't see your reply, but we discussed this briefly in a game commentary.)

It's a screen capture of the output of a simple program. Fortunately, I can superimpose the exe window over the WA window during a broadcast, so as long as the WA camera is fixed, I can just click on the window without faffing about tabbing. My mumble push-to-talk key works during all this as well, and the only drawback is the inconvenience of having to switch window in order to type in the in-game chat (which I seldom do during a broadcast anyway).

Of course, having to concentrate on keeping the utilities accurate takes my concentration off the game, and there's the wee problem of players being able to open the stream to check their opponent's inventory. But maybe we're all too ethical here to cheat like that :)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

One question there: Will the in-game sound be heard, if the overlay is the active window? I guess not.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see