Mon€y

Whatever isn't related to worms
MrTPenguin

Mon€y

Post by MrTPenguin »

Native English speakers are quite privileged in the modern world, although it's usually more about work they don't have to do and money they don't have to spend. The fact that we don't use an auxiliary language like Esperanto is somewhat unfair, but I'm not complaining about the status quo :)

Does anyone here know of any opportunities for a native English speaker - i.e. me - to make some money, not including the obvious option of teaching? And it mustn't involve sitting in front of a screen all day.

I read recently that people like me can earn €40 an hour in Vienna basically just for speaking with people. This kind of thing is one possibility, although I'm not sure I want to emigrate from the UK.

It's too bad we don't get paid for playing worms...
kukumber
NNN member

Re: Mon€y

Post by kukumber »

You could try streaming if you have a nice voice and speak funny stuff. Good English will broaden your audience. :D
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

I have heard of British people doing commentary for football matches for obscure foreign broadcasters, but I don't fancy that. But I am interested in commentating on CWT games :)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

My ex-flatmate got money with speaking to foreign students, who come to Germany for a semester or more. He speaks German, Flemish, French, Dutch and English. xD It's called "Auslandskoordinator" here. If you get a nice spot, you can get like 2-3 k € a month. So you probably need to leave UK for that and find a country where English-speaking professionals are sought after.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

I see. Going abroad for something like that is a last-resort safety net for me (like teaching) which I'm keeping on the backburner.