CWT and Twitch VODs

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
lacoste

CWT and Twitch VODs

Post by lacoste »

Hey guys, i dont know if you have already heard the news that Twitch has implemented new technology to check for copyrighted audio in VODs (more at http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/ ) and also has changed the way VODs - more precisely Past Broadcasts are stored, from 3 days to 14 days without possibility to "save forever" (more at http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/ ). So for the sake of storing past and future CWT's casters will have keep all the data on their drives until its split and uploaded somewhere else, like youtube, or upload them straight away through Twitch (dont know how splitting works in this case). If not, everything will be lost, simple as that. Also keep in mind that any third party copyrighted audio played during the stream will cause VODs to be muted - quoted: "If third party audio is detected anywhere in the 30-minute scanned block, the entire 30 minutes will be muted." Just for the record, its not only caster's responsibility to store CWT, community can help with it as well using third party software to download the material within these 14 days or, if theres any copyrighted audio, record them live. Live broadcast is not going to be affected by this for now.

Oh and i almost forgot to mention - past CWTs arent scanned YET (checked only Khamski's channel) so its a good time to store them as fast as possible - every stream is listed here http://cwtsite.com/streams , you can just visit every channel's Past Broadcast section and start downloading. How? I dont know what is the best solution, just google for "download twitch vod" or anything like it. Nowadays I have no resources nor time to store some of it myself, so its all up to you guys.
lacoste

Re: CWT and Twitch VODs

Post by lacoste »

Actually splitting a video to upload on YouTube is not needed unless your channel is not verified/partnered. What you guys could do is create CWT channel on YT and start uploading single games to it (that would require splitting), so eventually it will get approved and you will be able to make partnership with only 20gb limit per video or so. I and OutofOrder are currently doing similar thing with Worst Shot Ever (recording every fail into single clip so its like played back ingame), though its for different reasons. Channel like this at the very least could be attractive as people would finally be able to watch full high level games through YT, so id take it as a win, but obviously it would require some work (and quick initiative!). Id totally go for it myself if there was no such rush.
khamski

Post by khamski »

Thx, mate.
On it.
khamski

Post by khamski »

huh its easy to upload to youtube but yeah... it is splitted http://youtu.be/2PkzGaLNge8?t=7m9s
khamski

Post by khamski »

Also this one worked: http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php
Download to hdd.
Also splitted in a few parts though.
khamski

Post by khamski »

Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Why did u split them? i've seen 10 hours videos :) Or too long to upload?
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
khamski

Post by khamski »

I didn't.
Twitch does.
And that is the main problem.

It splits when you upload to Youtube.
It splits when you download to pc.
InterOnWolympics

Post by InterOnWolympics »

english gramar is one of the easiest ones i guess.. "it does" that programm does-- it twitch ->> twich is a program. i like that program- --> but it cuts the videos or that programm does it ?! it does what it ? whaaa

anyways twich is a bitch !
InterOnWolympics

lel further.. you use this if u mention a thing first time, like this topic and if i wanna say sumthen about it again i say i wanna repeat on that topic so this is a pioneer ^^
aaaaand u use this for things u own and are near by u but u use that for things that you do not own or far away

so u dont rly own the programm just a license u cant change it legaly or dublicate it legaly. its that program :D do you like that ??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm sure this is absolutly borung maybr this turns into that !
InterOnWolympics

lel u can delete that last 3 posts they are rubbish