Avoiding?

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
Piki1802

Avoiding?

Post by Piki1802 »

Hey, I know I won't make myself popular by starting my first ever topic this way, but I really can't understand one thing which some players do here...

An example, I asked Johnmir for ONL, as he responded with, ''maybe later''... After that I start joking and say ''that always turned on to a no in the end over here'' And then I get this stuff about being in a game (His snooper did not give me any kind of message) and I say I will wait for him...

He stayed there like 1 hour long at his snooper, faking that he's in game I guess, but what is that about avoiding matches that way? If you don't want to play, just tell me no, what's getting on my nerves is wasting time by awaiting for someone while I could go further on asking.

Sorry for being kinda rude now, I know I have my flaws when it comes to fair play lately, but this... well there's no reason to do such thing and it just makes me sad to see people using it.

Is there any possible way, that nobody avoids eachother this way, because I really think it damages roots in NNN

But hey, I'm a noob lol.
Tade
NNN member

Re: Avoiding?

Post by Tade »

Well i need to dissapoint you but this what you wrote is not really for a topic. You ask John to play ONL he said maybe later and you saw he is in game playing and you think that is some problem?
First thing John is kindest and one of the most polite players around, and you cant know is he have time for bo3 or bo5 match.
Maybe later mean he cant play now (maybe he is the mood to play some TTRR, or TOWER) and that is not mean that you need to wait him.
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

Tade wrote:Well i need to dissapoint you but this what you wrote is not really for a topic. You ask John to play ONL he said maybe later and you saw he is in game playing and you think that is some problem?
First thing John is kindest and one of the most polite players around, and you cant know is he have time for bo3 or bo5 match.
Maybe later mean he cant play now (maybe he is the mood to play some TTRR, or TOWER) and that is not mean that you need to wait him.
Hey Tade, well if you say he's kindest and most polite, I need to believe you on your words, it just feels very suspicious to well, basically lie about being in game (Could be something wrong I dunno, but normally snooper gives you a pop- up)

Opened a topic because frankly I wasn't the only one thinking of this, but nevermind, if it's nothing I'll just have to believe you due to your experience in ONL and NNN and whatever more :)

Sorry John for attacking you, and sorry to well waste your time :P
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

I waiting 70 days on RM with John and i always ask him for RM when i see him online in snooper but always the same answer not now or maybe later :), and one time happen this, i ask him for RM and he answer to me, not now :) and after several min later he ask my brother for ONL, who also playing onl :) :) :) cmon, maybe he don't want to play about points system :) :) i don't know, but it would be nice if he start to giving chance for RM, especially because is the end for 9 days, cmon bro i'm stop to play, but you have only 26 RM to give for 9 days :) :)
I believe that he will start, because he is kindest and one of the most polite players around, cheers bro
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

I do not blame him, because he does not want to give the opportunity for the RM, i blame scoring system he's a very smart person and he exploits the bad system, bravo!!! He beat me on start season 2:1 or Kayz 2:0 and all time he getting points for our wins (very smart) and now if he lost in RM from me or Kayz he will lose to much points, and why do he would want to give chance for RM :) did i say system is very bad :) :) :) cheers guys :D
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Too much concern about points. Isn't it the game what you love? :roll:
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

kukumber wrote:Too much concern about points. Isn't it the game what you love? :roll:
Well like I said, if there's avoiding because of the points system, he isn't able to play good matches, or am I wrong here? ;)
Evito
NNN member

Post by Evito »

Johnmir has been one of my best friends if not best here ever since i joined NNN almost 10 years ago. He may have his reasons for not wanting to play at times like Tade already mentioned. Going on here and call it avoiding off the bat, and accusations of John, (one of the best and most respected players in the clan and league since it was build) exploiting the point system? If there's one person who doesn't need to avoid or exploit, or even take the game seriously enough to do these lame things, it's Johnmir.
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

Okay, I'll just trust your words, since a huge majority is thinking that :)
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Okay, I'll just trust your words, like said Piki, but Can you explain this I waiting 70 days on RM with John and i always ask him for RM when i see him online in snooper but always the same answer not now or maybe later :), and one time happen this, i ask him for RM and he answer to me, not now :) and after several min later he ask my brother for ONL? Like i said very bad system...
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Johnmir is the biggest avoider ever. Even worse than Rafka! :D

but seriously, simple reason: Johnmir has not so much time, he told me, so I can understand this tactic. If I happen to have a high score vs someone, like 3-0 or 2-0, why should I play again vs this person? if I lose, I lose a lot of points, if I win, nothing much gained. I usually stop playing after having 6-0 vs the same player either.. It just makes no sense if there are other people around in the league you could play against. If this league was more active, we wouldn't have this problem, atm Hwoarang is the most active guy we have, but we already all played vs u, I am still seeking for Crash and can't find him...
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Yes i think the same bro for John, cheers :) , but he don't have a time to play with me but have to play with my brother after several min, cmon :)
Yes if you have 3:0 and 2:0 why to play vs that person i saying it all time (Because the system is bad) or this: John beat you 2 0 and if he lost now from you 2:0 or 3:0 he will lost much points and why to get you chance for RM and risk :) or this: i played with Killo and win 2:0 2:0 and next game i win 2:1 and i lost 1,0 points for that win, cmon that is stupidly i lost points for win because i lost only 1 round from him in 3 match :)
Because of these reasons nobody don't want to play with the same player after 2 match who know how work the system.
But if we had a different system like this: only i get points for my wins (not like this now John getting points for my or Kayz wins), i don't lost points if someone beat me (Like John now, if he lost game from me or Kayz he lost point because we can not get our RM :) ), in system like this i will play with Kayz 10 games not with Tomt because if Kayz beat me 9 times he will get point for every wins and if he lost 1 game he don't lost nothing points fot that lost game. And yes Kayz bro, if this league was more active players, we wouldn't have this problem, but we don't have more active players, and we have this problem :( because we must do something for this site and our league, pls!!! And yes, i play with all players 3 or more game but i played only 1 game with John because i can get my RM :) and tnk you for this bro "Hwoarang is the most active guy we have" maybe after this season i get on my profile Achievement for it would be nice :) :)
And sorry John :) :) :) but i do not blame you (Maybe it looks, but not so), because you does not want to give the opportunity for the RM, i blame scoring system who gave you the opportunity to play so, you are very smart person and you exploits the bad system, very smart :) :) :)
Please consider at least about changing, cheers
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

So if I'm right, the system boils down to this:

Kayz is Atletico Madrid, Johnmir is Real Madrid (I swear I picked at random!). Real madrid had beaten Atletico 3:0 and 2:0... and yet Atletico had become the champions in Spain. Undeserved? No they had played as much matches as Real did...

TUS's system works like the system in Spain, and yes it has is flaws (TUS's system), but in this (ONL) system Real madrid would have been first while they played their other matches horribly... Is this fair?

I don't find it fair, everybody has a bad day sometimes, and what if Atletico lost to Real, while having one? You can't say, that they don't deserve to be champions because they lost one important match... They have a bigger win ratio and that means that they're deserving to be champions. And this system is alright as it is, but people who play competitive... Wait this is a league, almost everyone plays competitive... They seek a win against a pro and turn inactive and then we wonder why the same people play matches over and over again...

I mean, I'm kinda new here, but why not try it as WO had tried it...http://wormolympics.com/standings A new experimental league which isn't the essential one. It could get both more activity and less people begging for a rematch.

Just please consider it, if you ignore it, I'm fine with it. But this way I won't have a real option with staying because I just like to play matches, I don't care against whom :)

Besides, it couldn't hurt, heh.
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Ves: "unfortanily i like the liga system and i dont think it get changed because it always was like this" but that does not necessarily mean that system is good :)
Viks

Post by Viks »

Maybe most active players should get extra points and avoiding ceases to make sense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jpamLZW3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false