Const

Re: Bible and only Bible as word of God

Post by Const »

wait u saw ufos?
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

I know I'm not gonna be loved for that, but the idea of a god to me seems pretty ridiculous. That the topic has turned from Bible to UFOs is symptomatic.
I'm pretty sure faith in god will keep fading and far in the future the faith in the existence of god has almost faded entirely.

"Where knowledge ends, religion begins." - Benjamin Disraeli

Sorry, believers.
Const

Post by Const »

im more sorry about the not belivers but in their new kind of ego and way of think. in a way im not sorry cause u could talk to em as much u want they just make fun and would connect to get u down. in some way u got gods. its maybe ur iphone or bill gates and this is sad. i would go so far and say if thats the result in future satanic people won but they allready did if u just open ur eyes, i dont want to explain why : )
Const

Post by Const »

its very weird that u give humans a kind of status and a feeling of u know all and u are up to date and they rly think they are smart by passing school or study to get tools of rich companys wich are not all bad like some rly are. but the thing is. i dont wanna talk about it its emberassing ^^

btw i like tomek mentioned the ufo thing and if this topic now grows i d love it.. well
here is a kind of rly reason my pic of the world is shit

http://vault.fbi.gov/UFO

its the true fbi webpage showen pages about ufos.. they got a new law wich made it comping up there. i d like to know what u think of that zemke!
honestly i dont want to belive iin this alien shit cause if they are there they fucked me up my brain and my forces i d know what to hate sry
but just take a look at it and plz tell me what u think
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

No Mab, evolutions wasn't proved at all, thats weird what U said, cause even the high evolutionary professor that Howind Kent spoken admit that they believe in all "big boom" and that kind a stuff...
Obviously I'm not talking abouit things like cats, panteras, etc.. it's just faith nothing more.
Even said that - Howind Kent negate evolutionary teach, because of law of the moment rush or something like that.

About the prayer, I've experienced a lot of stuff with God, but If U dont believe it, U wont no matter what I say, further more, everyone knows that there are some things on this planet that NO MAN, NO WITNESS, NO SCIENTISC or any1 can logicly explain, cause the fact is - the spiritual forces like Holly Spirit, satan and other fallen angels involve in human lifes, sometimes it's small things that human not even awere of, but there are some bigger when others don't believe in this.
The truth is that Bible tells the truth, we are at the end of times, and Jezus Christ will come soon, so I entreat to change life and let be saved by Jezus who loves us all, cause when He will come, unfortunately most people won't be prepared and lost their lives forever because their own choice. That's all from me, stay with God!
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Hands down.
Const

Post by Const »

ne sag mal was du zu dem ufo scheiss des fbis denkst ;)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I agree, there are things you can't explain, but why try to find a reason in a religion? There are tons of miracles which are unsolved yet, but also a thousand miracles like this higgs boson which GOT solved, it's just a matter of time, I personally don't need to explain things I can't explain with a higher spiritual being.
And evolution has proof, only the stubborn fanatics won't accept that :) and the arrogant assholes who don't want to admit that feces-throwing apes were our ancestors. xD Do you also believe that the earth is flat and that you fall off the edge if you sail too fast? That was believed for a long time by the majority of people, that doesn't make it right.
I know i can't prove there is no god, but I also can't prove there is no invisible pink unicorn. I see no reason for a god to exist. Not one, but you all do what you want, but spare us the end of the times / end of the world talk, that's really embarrassing
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Rafka wrote:No Mab, evolutions wasn't proved at all, thats weird what U said, cause even the high evolutionary professor that Howind Kent spoken admit that they believe in all "big boom" and that kind a stuff...
Obviously I'm not talking abouit things like cats, panteras, etc.. it's just faith nothing more.
Even said that - Howind Kent negate evolutionary teach, because of law of the moment rush or something like that.

About the prayer, I've experienced a lot of stuff with God, but If U dont believe it, U wont no matter what I say, further more, everyone knows that there are some things on this planet that NO MAN, NO WITNESS, NO SCIENTISC or any1 can logicly explain, cause the fact is - the spiritual forces like Holly Spirit, satan and other fallen angels involve in human lifes, sometimes it's small things that human not even awere of, but there are some bigger when others don't believe in this.
The truth is that Bible tells the truth, we are at the end of times, and Jezus Christ will come soon, so I entreat to change life and let be saved by Jezus who loves us all, cause when He will come, unfortunately most people won't be prepared and lost their lives forever because their own choice. That's all from me, stay with God!
So prayer does work, it just stops working every time there's any sort of major study examining its effects? Apparently your god wants to trick us, and make sure all rational people believe it doesn't work. Doesn't sound like a loving god to me, sounds like a malicious prankster who doesn't care about humanity at all.

Jesus dude, Kent Hovind is not a 'high evolutionary professor'. He's one of the biggest frauds on Earth, do you realize that he's currently in jail for tax evasion? He's a scam artist, a con man. Seriously, try listening to actual scientists and not creationists, no one in the actual scientific community believes this nonsense. Again, evolution is a fact. We can literally see fruit flies becoming different species before our very eyes (that is evolution!), because they go through many generations in a short period of time. Here's a little picture explaining Diane Dodd's fruit fly experiment:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... riment.svg

And a short video disproving Kent Hovind's creationist idea of animals having to be the same 'kind':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb6Z6NVmLt8

"everyone knows that there are some things on this planet that NO MAN, NO WITNESS, NO SCIENTISC or any1 can logicly explain". If there exist things no one can explain, then you can't explain them either. This is called the "argument from ignorance" fallacy. If there's something you don't know, that means you don't know it, not that it's okay to just make up an answer that has no evidence supporting it.

"The truth is that Bible tells the truth, we are at the end of times, and Jezus Christ will come soon" Even the Bible contradicts this Rafka, over and over again. Here are some of the passages that explicitly say the end times will come within the lifetime of Jesus' listeners:

-Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. (Matthew 16:28)
-But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:27)
-Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36)
-Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:34)
-Nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Matthew 26:64)
-Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power. (Mark 9:1)
-Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. (Mark 13:30)
And ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Mark 14:62)
-Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. (Luke 21:32)
-Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? (John 21:22)

According to the Bible, the end times must have already come, thousands of years ago. I guess they weren't so bad. The truth is, Christians in every single age have thought the end times were coming within their lifetimes, and they were all wrong, just as you are.

"unfortunately most people won't be prepared and lost their lives forever because their own choice" The idea of a god administering justice through hell is possibly the most immoral thing imaginable. If a hell existed, and your god allowed people to go there when he could do otherwise, then he would be a monster worse than Hitler. There is nothing moral or good about torturing someone for eternity, nothing is gained from this, there is no upside. It's an infinite punishment for a finite crime, essentially the most evil, harmful thing you could do to anyone. People are punished in order to A) keep them away from society so they can't do any harm, and B) to reform them. If a punishment involves neither of these things, then it's unjustified and immoral.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

wow such a nice thread;P
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

U don't get it Mab, cause You don't believe it, thats it. The end times in the Biblie pertain to our times, looking at the prophecies but U must understand them to tell... anyway I won't argue about it, and Kayz - evolutionery Big bang, boom or something is just an imagination, it was never prooved and never will be , cause its just crap nothing more...if U seriously believe that in the first place was CABOOM, than think logicly, matter must had been earlier... it's sensless, and its just a theory nothing else...
About God - Biblie and prophecies exactly tells the whole world history many many ages beforte it happens, but then again - U had to study it, if U dont know them well, it's sensless to talk about it
Anyway the only logical theory is that God is the creator and thats the fact :]
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Rafka wrote:U don't get it Mab, cause You don't believe it, thats it. The end times in the Biblie pertain to our times, looking at the prophecies but U must understand them to tell... anyway I won't argue about it, and Kayz - evolutionery Big bang, boom or something is just an imagination, it was never prooved and never will be , cause its just crap nothing more...if U seriously believe that in the first place was CABOOM, than think logicly, matter must had been earlier... it's sensless, and its just a theory nothing else...
About God - Biblie and prophecies exactly tells the whole world history many many ages beforte it happens, but then again - U had to study it, if U dont know them well, it's sensless to talk about it
Anyway the only logical theory is that God is the creator and thats the fact :]
I 'get it' perfectly well, I just don't believe what you do, because your arguments are unsound. Countless Christians thought the end times must have pertained to their times as well. If you actually read the Bible, it's very clear that the end times were supposed to come thousands of years ago. There is no logical way to interpret passages like "There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death" as meaning anything other than the end times will come during the lifetimes of the people Jesus is speaking to. It couldn't be any clearer than it is, and if passages such as these can be interpreted otherwise, then so can anything in the bible, such as the ten commandments. Regardless, there is no reason to believe a god exists, or that your particular book is a message from him.

You need to understand the word 'theory'. The layman's definition of 'theory' just means a hypothesis, or a speculation. But the scientific definition of a theory, which applies to the theories of evolution and gravity for example, is the highest level of proof a set of ideas can achieve. When scientists call evolution a theory, that means it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, they're not using the layman's definition here. As far as matter 'must have been earlier', that's not even true. In empty space, things called 'quantum vacuum fluctuations' occur constantly, where particles and their anti-particles simply pop into existence, and then annihilate. It's entirely possible that our universe is the result of one giant fluctuation of this kind, as Lawrence Krauss explores in 'A Universe from Nothing'. But you're employing the argument from ignorance fallacy again, the big bang theory could be disproved tomorrow for all I care, and it wouldn't make your claim that 'god did it' correct, that claim would still require enormous amounts of justification.

On Biblical prophecies, since you think the Bible is the word of god, you would expect 100% accuracy right? After all, if god is infallible, there shouldn't be a single incorrect prediction in the Bible. But there are many failed prophecies, some are listed here:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Failed_biblical_prophecies

Probably the most blatant one is the claim that Tyre would be destroyed and taken by Nebuchadnezzar, yet this never happened. Nebuchadnezzar attempted a siege for 13 years and failed to take the city. For more on this, read:

http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/992tyre.html
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

No there istn any fails, as I said U don't know Bible enought to talk about it sorry, do U know whats 2300 prophecy? doubt that, any many many other details which if U dont know, U can't understand.. that all was fullfilled as it's beed said :]

And as I said again, this evolutionary crap about big bang is one of the most redicilous of all :]

Another thing --> I can give U many links too, where ppl write bull and everyone says differenty, because... again, they don't know the Bible well and don't know some the facts... So put those links behind and start study Bible :)
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Rafka wrote:No there istn any fails, as I said U don't know Bible enought to talk about it sorry, do U know whats 2300 prophecy? doubt that, any many many other details which if U dont know, U can't understand.. that all was fullfilled as it's beed said :]

And as I said again, this evolutionary crap about big bang is one of the most redicilous of all :]

Another thing --> I can give U many links too, where ppl write bull and everyone says differenty, because... again, they don't know the Bible well and don't know some the facts... So put those links behind and start study Bible :)
You haven't raised a single objection to anything I've said Rafka, all you've done is reiterate the fact that you disagree with me. I'm not interested in childish arguments where you simply say 'you're wrong' without providing specific reasons as to why I'm wrong. I provided the reasons as to why you're wrong, if you want to reject those reasons, then address them.

The prophecy of 2300 days is hardly even worth talking about, do you realize how many interpretations can be given for those passages? For a prophecy to genuinely be a prophecy, it has to refer to a specific, easily understandable event, not something vague and undefined. It's incredibly easy to create 'prophecies' that can be tied to future events. All you have to do is talk about some kind of struggle or war, since such things occur constantly in human history, and make the events you're talking about extremely vague. But regardless, the failed prediction of Tyre's destruction is a crystal clear example of Biblical prophecies being wrong, and I only need to show that one such prophecy is wrong to demonstrate that the Bible is not the word of any sort of god.
khamski

Post by khamski »

:idea: Fun fact :idea: the universe is infinite :shock: