Football

Whatever isn't related to worms
kukumber
NNN member

Re: Football

Post by kukumber »

Koras wrote:shows HUGE difference in sport infrastructure in wester and easter europe
Looks more like population density difference. :wink:
Just noting, can't really stand football since I dropped it myself. :)

That's a population density map btw.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

hehe nice one,but its weird Beograd is almost as big as Warsaw or Buckarest:)
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

UEFA's (Platini's) decision follows economical reasons.

In 2007-8, Platini expanded teams field from 16 to 24 teams (in fact senseless, but a thanks to small european countries for their vote to his UEFA presidency). The expansion meant rising demands for the hosting country. From now, host countries must have 9 football stadiums, two of them with a minimum capacity of 50.000 people. That resulted in a retreat of Sweden&Norway and Scottland&Wales from the candidate list of EM2016. In fact, France was the only country who wanted to host this enormous event.

In the candidation process EM2020, only Turkey seemed to be really interested. But parallel to their candidature, they seek to get olympic games in 2020, too.

So Platinis decision is a result of rising demans, 9 stadiums, infrastructure, hotels, security, etc. Today, no country wants to pay the bill for such a big event.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

yeah finally I have to agree with U. Poland is big european country but stadiums builded by us for EURO 2012 are simply to big...
Even if only 1 of them is +50 000
Since they changed European Cup into Champions league it became competition of western Europe teams ;/
Steaua and Red Star won it, even polish team knocked out mighty Liverpool in 80s.This Liverpool was almost as strong as current Barcelona.... since 77 till 84 english team just once did not won European cup.83 when polish team beat Liverpool F.C.
And now? Look what happend if Partizan or Dinamo play in ChL.... such a shame. Modern footbal :P
and now they want keep Euro for big countries
khamski

Post by khamski »

It's nobodys fault if you are more obsessed with past and consipacy theories instead of progressing and building your life.
Cut that crap and be positive.
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

This reminds me of something Alex Ferguson said - "the Champions League gets interesting in February." And when you consider the Europa League as well (of which Kenny Dalglish said was "only interesting to the people in it") a reform of European club football competition might not be a bad idea. I remember that a few seasons ago in the Europa League, they had groups of 5 where you only play each other team once (i.e. you have 2 home games and 2 away games). There's been talk of merging the two competitions, so I would suggest having 8 groups of 5 using the aforementioned system. Either that or bring back the good old European Cup!

But I must confess, guys, that I haven't been interested in football this season, so I'm not really bothered about what happens :|
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Penguin wrote:
But I must confess, guys, that I haven't been interested in football this season, so I'm not really bothered about what happens :|
camaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan looks like Leicester have pretty nice chances to reach Premier League!:)

Kham football is all about money now... thats why Shakhtar Dinamo and few others Ukrainian teams are thinking more serious about Russian idea of organize league of Commonwealth Independent States :)
I think it would be great for eastern Europen football. More strong/ritch teams means more rivalry and higher level.
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

Yes, my timing sux... But maybe promotion by the Foxes will perk me up!

I dreamed last night that the next Europeans Championship final will be Germany v Portugal, and it was 1-1 with ten minutes to go. Let's see if this comes true :)
zoky

Post by zoky »

o man what a day :)
croatia vs serbia..huge game for bouth side.i hope football will be on first place for every1.war is far far behind us,so we can sing and win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w8Pe1U9J84
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
zoky

Post by zoky »

MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

The question is, guys, who's gonna win the Münich v Madrid final this year? It's a tough one to call.
zoky

Post by zoky »

real need beat BVB first.
that will not be easy game,but still BVB is underdog in that 2 games
but if they reach final IMO they r hot favorites,in game vs bayern..
why?
well real always play with counter attack,and they have best counter in world..bayern will not play like last night vs barca,coz they will have possession,and ball in their legs,but when they lose possession then COMES THE BOOOOOOM....CR7,ozil,di maria,benzema..some1 will score
Const

Post by Const »

bayern and bvb ole ole :D :D
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

Well, I underestimated Dortmund... Btw, I made my final prediction before both matches, so at least I was half right :)
zoky

Post by zoky »

IMO real can beat BVB 3.0 in next game..BVB cant play 2 gr8 games in row,we saw that in league games :)