Walk for Weapons Tourney 17/05/ - 17 GMT

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

btw i suggest u to play more wfw before u take a decision on this, call me at msn ( xtc2000@pmail.pl ) there is 90% chance that i can play when im online ;)

EDIT: sorry for double post, i always forgetting about edit @ phpBB
Tade
NNN member

Post by Tade »

Well i agree with xtc. Because if you have good position you need to move because of rule of not fire same weapon 2 times. And rule is 3 times not 2. On WO there is a sheme with 5 select worms. On my opinion that is good because you need to watch how many selects are wasted and how many left... I play this sheme a lot and that is biggest advantage when you have clear worm select....
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

What about 3 worm selects per user? It will solve any imbalances

@Joschi: Also think about 2 players have to agree on 1 map - this will cause many problems. Rule One map for one player and third by referee is the best one for bo3 match.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

What if you just say exactly which map will be used in each round. Then you only need to pick 3 or 4.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

this sells like ftm, i saw there only 3 maps being played. will be boring and not so fun for watching replays ;)
zoky

Post by zoky »

listen here...if we can use item 10 times in row...then we have this situation...I can use tele to tele 30 min and win coz i have more HP..liek i beat joschi in ftm lol..
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

@joschi - definitely make a list of approved maps. 5 or so is all that's needed. one per round. there are some really really bad maps out there (trust me, I made a few bad ones).

@xtc... i'm here man, still waiting for start.
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

good to know that u alive ;)

@zoky: Yea, forgot about SD, agree with you. Im not w8ing for sd at funners so i didnt use more than 3 teles in one game yet. But why to allow only for 1 shot with weapon from same box? Only petrols are abusive, but you cannot disallow it since it lasts few turns on the ground and u will be able to repeat it after. Plus it gives lots of tactics for wfw maps.
DarKx'X'xLorD

Post by DarKx'X'xLorD »

Never faced introduction of restrictions on application of the weapon and it is resolute AGAINST IT. :evil:
Never faced a situation when application Petrol or other weapon from one and those a place called impossibility to resist to it. No less than use of a select of a worm. It is not necessary to create the new scheme!!!

BUT I played for entertainment only for simply I enjoy the given game.

However now tournament, and in tournament probably to expect from not so fair opponent constant use teleport. It is necessary to enter restriction on 10 teleport in game!!! I do not remember such case that I applied teleportation more than :!: 9 pieces.

As to Freeze, similarly, :!: 9 pieces.
I rather insistently recommend it, these corrective amendments will not change gameplay, and are directed against dishonest players.
Tade
NNN member

Post by Tade »

Well, we can have 15 maps, but we will never agree which map to play... i can say all the time not that map, not that map until i get to map i like it... Trust me, it is better that every player pick his own map to play. you don't need to argue what map to pick...
And we need to play this tournament with current sheme, and when tournament ends we will watch replays and see what is wrong with sheme and what adjustments it will need...
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

OK!

I didnt thought that hosting a tourney cause so much effort...
First of all I want to keep the fun in the front of the tourney! That means not too many distract rules...
We all know each other as honest players, and I wouldnt have any problem to play a map free chosen of my opponent. But ok, since there will participat out standing players too there might be some rules.

Scheme: I configured SD function. SD brings no consequences. Round doesnt end, neither water raise up, or your worm lost health points. Everything else is like original WfW scheme.

Maps: Each player can pick his chosen map (doesnt have to be part of mappack). For the third round you can chose out of 3 given maps by the mod. Both players has to agree on one of this maps. If each player has his favorit out of this 3 maps, and you cant agree, the mod will take a last decision.
Tade and me will modifie the mappack. I hope for everyones acception:-)

Rules: Teleports are limited to 10. And it is disallowed to accomplish the same attack 3 times in a row. Means, if you stand on the same box with the same worm, you cant shoot three times in a row (also when you moved in-between another worm) a petrol on the same worm at the same spot. but you dont have to care. this shall avoid the abuse of petrol, to hold opponents worm at a spot down. You can see an exemple for it in attachement.

More suggestions are still welcome. It is my first WfW tourney, so I need your experiences.
Last edited by Joschi on Fri May 15, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarKx'X'xLorD

Post by DarKx'X'xLorD »

And we need to play this tournament with current sheme, and when tournament ends we will watch replays and see what is wrong with sheme and what adjustments it will need...
And it is correct!

That you wish to confirm a rule: the worm can attack from one and those a square three times, and then should attack from another or simply not attack? If I correctly have understood it, it will call such mess, that to you and did not dream... We will admit, one my worm is on a cage with a choice of a worm, and another attacks from an advantage-ground... Then, having repeated all it is three times, I should change positions of both hearts...

To that it destroys strategy standard wFw and introduces new elements...
More often in wFw struggle is conducted for the best position, for possession by favourable squares (including with a choice of a worm). So important correctly to place worms on a map it is primary.

Joschi

Allow to remind you a situation from game I vs you. On a map there are two squares nearby, dynamite and bazooka. Squares are not united. You attacked me from a square with dynamite drawing bazooka. It is wrong! I hope, you understand, what you have broken rules, or at us with you in it different understanding of rules? If to erect that you did, in a rank corrected, it ?? to my opinion full delirium.

I in wormnet, for dialogue.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Restrictions on weapons is like changing the spirit of wfw (totally agree with darklord). Also, 10 teleports wont change nothing, especialy u decided to remove SD.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Yes Dark, I did a mistake, in-between I know its forbidden.

Come on, who is using teleports more then 10 times? Just the abuse of teleport destroy the spirit of Wfw.

I stay at my point of limitation of 10 teleports. Check my replay of my last post, and say if this petrol issue at minute 14 shouldnt be forbidden for follwing games. With my rule it wouldnt have happend...
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

There is only one solution for this petrol - u wont finish move in this area next time ;) Its about play time, the more times u play, the ore traps and tactics u know on each map.

About 10xtele - im talking this is too much, so let it be 3 per user, even 5, but 10? Trust me, im playing wfw each day and ive never used more than 3-4 teles in one match ;) Teleport is only imbalanced when playing with SD, or someone fooling around, so 3 is definitely best option imo.