Disconnection Rules

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Johnmir
NNN member

Disconnection Rules

Post by Johnmir »

Hello, guys!

I have heard about some unstandard situations in the league regarding disconnection rules.
I would like to talk to you about it and, since me and Ivo were developers of these rules, i would like to explain you some things. I want to explain you our logic and things we thought about when we made these rules. (you can see the rules in the end of my message)

The rule: "In case one of players didn
Ivo
NNN member

Re: Disconnection Rules

Post by Ivo »

Heya!

Probably I'm a bit suspected to say "great post" John! :D
But that's it, that's the main idea.
I just want to add some details. First of all, and to avoid some recent happenings, the rule don't specify any player name involved. It has only to do with the conscience of the player that stayed. And I ask to all, not call "lame" or other things when you see a player that you think it's "fair" be a "victim" of this rule. That would be the worst thing that this rule had, but we couldn't miss the opportunity to punish lack of sportsmanship behaviors, and we can't do a different rule for different players. If you think that an unfair situation is being taking about this rule, please just think that you would do different, maybe thinking that the player that applied the rule is being a bit lame, but please, don't come here write it. Anyway, we could not know all the reasons behind a specific situation.

Another thing that we should talk is that, sometimes people ask: "why 2-0 and not only 1-0 if you don't played the 2nd round?", "why to report the free win"?

Well, this "free rounds" is not so "free" because they were agreed! The players agreed to play bo3 or bo5, so the player that was correct and think that can be victim of an unfair behavior, has the right to claim all agreed rounds that weren't played yet. For sure we all had lived situations when we felt that was a mistake to agreed with that game. We are playing very bad, already lost 1st round and almost for sure will lost the next ones. So, probably would be better to quit or ask to our opponent to finish another time (when we probably will be much better, and probably our opponent would be not so inspired). Probably we didn't do that, I never did. But I already saw some situations like this happening. The player that don't wanna leave has the right to be respected and agree or not to finish the game in another time. We can't question his reasons to agree or not agree. It can "just" be due to lack of time reasons. Some players has very short time to play ONL. He could find some time in that day and thought that was a good idea to try to win some rounds. And can't be injured because of an other player problem.
Also, to punish the lamest behaviors, we can't judge the reason for a disappearance, as you easily understand. Some players don't have the shame to say bullshits reasons to justify the delay of the game. But since they understand that depending the reason they will be punished or not, they would start to say only strong reasons, like "my house is burning! sorry I have to save my ass! we will go on tomorrow!" :mrgreen:

As John said, this rule was written to respect and others players life, time, and for sportsmanship! Don't create big dramas because "free" rounds. It just only a game, and the respect for the others is MUCH MORE important than just 1 game.
The most fairness that this rule has, it that it's equal for all and the word "ALLOWED".
zoky

Re: Disconnection Rules

Post by zoky »

aree with bouth of U..
rules r rules..i was said in colains there,every1 can use this rules,but also they can avoid too.its realy stupid when u play with some PRO player(john,koras,etc) to use that,coz I personaly play with those guys over 3yrs,and they r not cowards.guys this is league,and u can play many many games in seazon,why search problems with guys who play with U every day???I ask any1 of U PRO players to think about situtaion when some of another pros have problem.
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD