25th NNN-One-Evening Tourney 03/05/2009 Dario, Crysis, Rafka

A forum overview about all passed One-Evening-tourneys hosted by NNN clan, starting from the 16th Tourney until today.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

http://www.kb.sinpiso.com/index.php

Just click on competition menu to see latest tourney ;)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

[quote="Antares"]...... ''Ein Ungl
Last edited by Koras on Mon May 04, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

half finals me vs john very lame rounds xD
Attachments
Half finals Crysis vs john 2--1.rar
(31.6 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Bah, Joschi, what do you complain about, your game lasted like 2 hours xD. Nobody thought of Crysis eh? :P.

Edit
Crysis: just not enough wind ;)
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Crysis would have waited even longer if sabre wouldnt have quit tourney. so next time no prematch before tourney starts!
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

GopnicK wrote:how many ppl participated??
17 starters
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Sigh, it was no prematch! it was the first round of the tournament!, we were just so few players that in round one there were only 2 players: john and ispanico, all the rest got a free pass to round 2.
khamski

Post by khamski »

yeah... thats why you said "sign up is closed"
and then canceled your decision and signed up John

- making Ispanico play additional game just because someone decided he is the weakest...

- making Joschi wait a lot of time to start...

i have nothing against it
you are the MOD you can do what you want to do
In CWT issues i was defending this statement

but please don't twist things
be honest, dude :)

p.s.

EDit: :emotional stuff: deleted

Johnmir is a good fella... just need to pay attention to us newbs from time tio time :P

p.p.s. i don't wanna shake the boat or something... please get me right... just saying everything straight

p.p.p.s:

Koras, dude!
Why on Earth should we kick a legal player out of teh tourney?
I really can't believe you are saying it...
Last edited by khamski on Wed May 06, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Yes, I reopened the sign ups because Johnmir was there. Why? because he is an excellent player, excellent person and has worked for the scheme and the clan more than most current clan members. This was a good chance to have him playing official games again and I wouldn't let it go by, maybe I was wrong.

But all the rest you are saying is.... bs
Ispanico played him because I built a 32 players dicotomic tree putting johnmir in the base of that tree (because he joined late he was certainly one of the players that would not get the free pass to round 2). The other player of the base of the tree was decided randomly, in the same way that the player that would play against Crysis was decided randomly; but I don't see you saying that it was unfair sp4w had to play Crysis (kind of certain loss for sp4w) while Terenz had to play xtc (for sure not as good as Crysis, no offense).
You are the one twisting things, saying that I deliberately chose ISPANICO to play against Johnmir. The only thing I chose there was that Johnmir, for being late, couldn't get a freebie to round 2.

Besides that, you are someone who can't say a thing about good behaviour in that tournament, because you quit, yes, you quit. Pink was there, he answered like 30 seconds after you left. And just for the fun of it I can bring up the fact that you have signed up to previous tournaments with some days of anticipation and then never showed up, messing the tournament organization, making everybody wait for you, so you can't really complain about pink being 30 seconds late or Johnmir wanting to be the 17th player of the tournament.

All this mess because I chose to be practical and instead of actually making the system do the 32 players tree I randomized the first round and built a 16 players tree...
Jeebus, unless there are 16, 24 or 32 players some players will always have nobody to play with in round one if you don't want to start giving free passes for some players to go straight into semi finals without having played any strong opponent.
The other option was to make a 24 players tree so that there would be 3 pairs in round 1 instead of only one pair. But then it means it ends up in a final with 3 players and then people starts complaining again.
khamski

Post by khamski »

ok i've got your attitude... reading lines and some bs between them.

i admit i was wrong there with those not_comings... will try my best not to do stunts like that in the future...

but i think 16 is aaight for an evening tourney.
fast start... less games... less head ache for MODs (because its kinda uneasy to collect 24 or 32 quality players in short amount of time like 15 min... making this period longer will prolong the tourney... so anyway it is bad)... less stressed_night games (17:00 GMT is 21:00 in Russia)... more fun.

just my 2cents
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

guys kinda offtopic sorry but:

I noticed there was an Ispanico-John tile in the tree but now there is also an Ispanico-John tile at statistics, when you click on a name in ranking list i mean.
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

In my opinion it was wrong too. but I already declared myself yesterday. Just notice that Sabre, Crysis and me had to wait. A tourney shouldnt start with a pause!
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Crysis: had to add an "ispanico-john" player in order to be able to make the 16 players tree.
kahmski wrote:ok i've got your attitude... reading lines and some bs between them.
And you keep saying that I did something that I actually never did. I didn't read any bullshit between lines, I read it right in one of them:
kahmski wrote:making Ispanico play additional game just because someone decided he is the weakest...
It is bullshit because nobody decided that ispanico was the weakest, and nobody decided that he had to play johnmir.

Joschi: 16 is enough, indeed, but did anybody say "no, don't let johnmir in"? :roll: . Yes, we all agreed to close it at 16, but then johnmir came and when I asked about letting him play the only comments I read in the chat were "yes, let's wait for 24 or something" and alike, maybe I missed someone saying no.
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Hello, guys!
Congradulations Crysis and Dario! Well played!

I wanted to say sorry for that situation I caused. I shouldn't have taken part in the tourney. I didn't realise unfortunatly that people would have to wait for so long.

Dario tried to get 24 players but there was no success (he tried to get as many good players as possible, as all the hosts do, if they are interested in having a high-level tourney). Unfortunaly, I provocated him to take a risk and try to get more players. So the process of the tourney became complicated. I was a bit surprised to hear that some of players were doubting that Mod's moves were done specially unfair. I mean that random pairs problem.

I'm a bit surprised by Khams's behavior. Would never write such a shit being on his place (for example about him). Reading this I have to advise you: learn to controll your emotions and plan your words. (so far, haven't played cards since i became inactive. I had and have a lot of things to do with my life - sport, personal, work). I feel very sorry I can't pay enough attention to the clan lately and no need to tell me about that so crappy way.

Thank you for defending me, friend (Daz). I wouldn't be surprised to hear that from a newcomer, but really surprised to hear that from Khamski...
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

UuUuuu
Well, for first all of U were really lucky because it wasnt my day :lol:
and for second noone say bulshit about each other....just complaints:/
Its not easy to host tournament..... especially if some people call U unfair mod or just cheater. In fact we shouldnt jude other clan members.... any nnn may host tournamnet:) its not a problem.

"pro mod on! Koras style now!"
boy U cant play like me.... 8) not in this life :wink: