1st (not) BnG tournament: 2009/02/15 15:00 GMT. #PT

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

More games.
Well, cluster grenades seem to be sort of pointless.
Also petrol bombs brought up a problem I saw in 2 games:
If you accidentally stand in a bad place or fall into a hole and if the opponent puts a petrol on you... you are kind of dead (or at least unable to shoot for 3 turns).
Maybe petrols have to go away?.

What about teleports?. The chances of there being a hole where you really can't get out without shooting the land or using the girder are rather small, but what if it happens?.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

I agree about mortars and clusters.

I thought that was sorta the point of the petrol tho...

Teleports are probably a better option than blowtorch due to darksiding issues.

I don't much see the point in using a special map either. Only idiots will try to encroach on another player, and can't get very far in 20secs. LG + Zooka is an easy way to punish someone trying to get too close....GG

Anyways, removing mortars, clusters, petrol, adding tele and/or torch...starting to sound an awful lot like real BnG, eh? ;)
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

BTW, I thought you said you tested this scheme. :P
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I did, but it is hard to play with yourself and try to win ^^.
Also this should be an idiot-proof scheme, if there is one island I could find the way to get close to the opponent while blocking him with the few petrols available. But if petrols are deleted...

If having a petrol means it is not BnG because it is not a "petrol bazooka" nor a "petrol grenade" (but petrol bomb), then everybody has to include a holy-hand grenade, don't you think? :roll:.
Silly naming issues.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Petrol is pretty much a grenade.

I actually think a single power 1 holy might be interesting to mix things up. :P
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

I think u don't need petrol to block your "idiot" opponent. I think it's ridiculous to play with idiots and trying to make an "idiot-proof" scheme... Why would u wanna do that? Let the idiots play tombola or smth if they cant follow few simple rules...
2 islands map is better solution imo, I always made them even in "regular" BnG, to prevent opponent tele on the middle of a map at the start...
U could never prevent idiot to tele right next to you, no matter how the map looks like...
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ok guys, we played "serious" (lol) games today.
Any thoughts?
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

IIIii I cant see the tournament tree, optical illusion?
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

No kilo, we just weren't enough people to make a "real" tournament.
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Dario wrote:Ok guys, we played "serious" (lol) games today.
Any thoughts?
I don't know, half of us was fighting with viruses at the same time tho, was rly tough afternoon.. xD

Thing that I like the most is the "fort" mode in it, with 2 islands u get the decent distance between worms... as I said, I make that kind of maps for "regular" BnG too, it prevent opponent to come too close to you...
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Ramone wrote: I don't know, half of us was fighting with viruses at the same time tho, was rly tough afternoon.. xD
You mean this MSN virus? Hell Tade, zoky and some other people just spammed me with these "photo, haha :p" links :D Good that I knew this crap already.
Tade
NNN member

Post by Tade »

yes, he means that MSN virus. Spammed us all. i got that from zoky, rafka and so on and so on. The thing is if you opened that photo it sends to all your MSN contact. And damn everybody opened that stupid thing :( :oops:
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

its not that simple. Maybe some MSN clients opens it automatic
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Even in forums tourney is "in a shadow" of viruses, lol
See how nasty that virus is? xD
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

And damn everybody opened that stupid thing
I didnt open it 8)