It's fair I write down the worms sequence of my oponnents?

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
zoky

Re: It's fair I write down the worms sequence of my oponnent

Post by zoky »

u know if u tell ur oponent r wormorder(i use mine long time )...if u tell him ur SW..u have kill every element of suprise
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Akt

Post by Akt »

i disagree.

Some people already know that informations with their concentration and writings. i respect that. But i like to play againist good moves/strategy, not good memory/careful writer.

And worms have already a lot of surprise elements ( Look at my fails :P ) Too much thing can happen. Sometimes 1 pixel can be gamechanger.
Necessity the counting weapon is LAME
I hope one day there is a option in online for showing oponents weapons like offline same computer worms game.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Akt wrote:i wish W:A allow seeing oponent weapons too.
Our scheme has no crates anyway. anybody write weapons to paper and know that information.
But i am a lazy person :) generally i dont know what my oponent have and that helped my losts :)
I heard about a program that allow you to know that. But it doesn't avaible to download anymore... as a guy told me. Only the creators have the program...
I would like too... it's something I was searching for use...
Akt

Post by Akt »

:)
i like to, that is selectable in next w:a versions, if it possible.
I hope one day there is a option in online for showing oponents weapons like offline same computer worms game.
Tade
NNN member

Post by Tade »

This game is combination of thinking and strategy. That is why good players are good players. If i give you information of everything what is the point? If someone else is trying to remember i suggest to you to try it as well. Because after numerous of games where you actually counting ropes and stuff your opponent use you will get used to do that all the time.
Siwy

Post by Siwy »

I laugh when someone counts my rope, and even brazenly asks:'' the last rope''? -childish behavior
Maybe it is strategic, but I'm not counting anybody weapons and its sequence worms is just funny when someone with paper/(sometimes use game chat) noted my weapons, etc.
Have it in the ass that someone counts weapons or sequence
Have fun!!
Akt

Post by Akt »

Yes "This game is combination of thinking and strategy."
But writing is not thinking. But dont get me wrong, i respect everybodys playing style.
Akt

Post by Akt »

i have a idea!
This is no need rulechanging and not againist rules.
This can be optional just like playing bo1 games. we can ask oponent to play with numbered worms team.
i will have additionaly a team with numbers now on. if my oponent agree i can play that way.
Ivo
NNN member

Post by Ivo »

I agree with zoky about the no worms names. Nothing wrong, just not very clever because if it's important to know the opponent's worms order, it's even more important to know your own.

Interesting suggestion by Akt. Taking notes or memorizing the opponent's worm order has 0 of strategy or surprise (aside the first turns). It's just a matter of being lazy or not, organized or faster taking notes, etc. That should have a minimal influence in the game. That strategy beggins when, in fact, you have that info and what you do with it.

Not sure if the community is prepared for such a big change but, for me, we could give it a try for 1 season trial.
Akt

Post by Akt »

i think it is hard to change rules because everybody dont want that. But if any1 wants that way, can playable.
i have a extra team with numbers, if my oponent agree i play that team.
if you want that kind a match please create extra team with numbers .
Hf all
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Personally, I think writing down weapons or taking notes of any kind is a form of visual aid, just like using transparencies for BnG shots, or using kami rulers, or straight-edges for aiming. I wouldn't mind allowing notes only (and not those other things), but it should be clearly stated in the rules.

As far as changing your team name; you should be able to do that as much as you like, there's nothing even remotely cheap about it. Because every time you do, it generally hurts you more than it hurts the opponent, since the drawbacks of you not knowing your team order by heart outweigh the benefits of your opponent not knowing. I think it's fine to look at replays and memorize someone's worm order, but again, seems unfair to actually write it down and refer to it.
Akt

Post by Akt »

What about playing with "numbered worm" ?
What do you think about that?
And do you want to play like that sometimes?
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Just saying: The best players in Intermediate never changed their worm order / team names for a long long long long time. ( I have the same team since 2006 ;) )
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Tomek
NNN member

Post by Tomek »

Yes yes Kayz you are one of best players, we know it :P
I watched a worm crawl along the edge of a straight razor.It's my dream,nightmare.Crawling,slithering along the edge of a straight razor,and surviving
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I didn't include myself there, didn't mean it that way xD
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see